HEART-THEMED CARD GUIDELINES
- Please make heart themed “Thinking of You” cards for children age 1 to young adult.
- Any stamps, die-cut, embossing, papers, embellishments etc…even your own drawing are welcome so long there is HEART on the card. See Gallery for inspirations.
- Keep cards fun and cheery. Use happy colors.
- Please use acid-free glue and adhesive. Make sure they are completely dry before mailing.
- Card Size: A2 or 4-1/4″ x 5-1/2″, 5″x7″ and 5″x5″ size cards only please.
- Front of the card: need a sentiment. Please use GENERAL sentiment as the cards will be distribute throughout the month of February. Here are some suggestions.
- Happy Heart Month
- Sending you smiles from across the miles
- Sending you a great big hug
- Thinking of you
- Sending love and hugs
- You are in my thoughts
- Inside of the card: leave blank. Hospital staff will write a personal message to the children before signing.
- If using a dark colored card base, please adhere a white or light colored piece of cardstock to the inside of card. This make it easier for patients to read the hand-written message from the staff.
- Back of the card (Optional): your full name only… OR… your full name + “Cards for Little Hearts Card Drive” only. You are welcome to download and use this watermark.
- Pack your cards: in a cardboard box, padded envelope or clear crystal box to ensure that your beautiful handmade cards arrive to us undamaged.
- Do not include envelopes with the cards.
- Download and include this Card Acknowledgement Reciept form with your cards
- Mail cards to : Christina Hor c/o Cards for Little Hearts | P.O. Box 517 | Dublin, Ohio 43017 | USA
- OPTIONAL: you are welcome to include a small pack of stickers and 4-1/4″ x 5-1/2″ size coloring pages with the cards. You can use digital images (one you’ve purchased or have permission to use) or hand stamped images on the coloring page. I will be including a coloring kit with each card for the children to give them something fun to do and take their mind off their treatment.
- Do not include any religious symbols or religious sentiment on your cards.
- No “Get Well” or “Feel Better Soon” cards and messages or anything that would remind the children of being sick.
- No loose glitters. But okay to use are: Wink of Stella, glitter pens. glitter paste, glitter tape, embossed powders, glitter drops or glitter papers.
- Do not use any internet images unless you have paid for it or have received direct permission from the owner to use it.
- Do not include your personal information such as address, e-mail, phone number. The hospital cannot distribute out any cards that have these information on them.
I have 2 cards to share with you.
I am using a digi by Melonheadz called "Love Everyone." You can find it here https://melonheadzillustrating.blogspot.com/2017/08/love-everyone-free-clip-art.html
Copics used are E000, E00, E01, E02, R20, R30- skin, E37, E93, E95, E97, E99- red hair, E21, E23, E25, E27, E29- brown hair, R32, R35, R37, R39, BG000, BG01, BG05, BG09- red/teal outfit, BG10, BG11, BG13, BG18, R81, RV63, RV000- Aqua/light plum.
The sentiment I typed in word and printed off.
The papers are by Recollections- red, Georgia Pacific- white, Imagine That!- cheveron digital papers-https://www.imaginethatdigistamp.com/store/c1/Featured_Products.html, Far Far Hill- red hearts - http://farfarhill.blogspot.com/, Harper Finch- tiny hearts- https://www.etsy.com/shop/HarperFinchDesigns?ref=l2-shopheader-name, Create with TLC- red and brown hearts digital paper- https://www.etsy.com/shop/TlcCreatesVintage.
The card is 5" x 6 1/2".
Thanks for dropping by. Have a wonderful day! Edwina