Tuesday, September 27, 2011

October's Party-decor with poem

        October's Party
October gave a party,
The leaves by hundreds came-
The Chestnuts,Oaks, and Maples,
The leaves of every name.
The Sunshine spread the carpet,
And everything was grand,
Miss Weather led the dancing,
Professor Wind the band.
               by George Cooper 

I found this poem on-line. I loved it as it describes Fall/ Autumn so well.

I used Cricut cartridges- Thanksgiving-acorn border- 3 of them welded together at 1" row 1 button 6, cut 2. Gyspy Wanderings-Autumn-1"Row 3 button 7. Mother's Day Bouquet-Flower-1" row 4  buttons 3 & 4 cut 7, leaves-  2" row5 button4 cut 14. Mother's Day- Pinwheel- 4" row3 button 10 cut 7,  Flower-4" row4  button 10 cut 7.Tag- sweettreats tagsbutton oon row 2 button 2, turn link off so you can adjust the size to 3" x 5".
  Other items I used.
Zig 2 way pen, stardust gelly  roll pen to outline Autumn,  inks-golden yellow, orange, lime, red and mauve. The mauve was to ink edges of pinwheels. The other colors were for the leaves.Iridesent gold Tattered Angles Glimmer Mist- to spritzs paper for pinwheels.glue runner- small handheld one. Straws- painted olive,large headed straight pens, fast dry glue,  mini glue dots .
   I inked all  the leaves to look more like Autumn leaves. I made the holes on the pinwheels slightly larger so the pin would go through easy and when blown on the pinwheel would rotate. I glued the pins in the straw after sticking it through the straw with fast dry glue. I filled the space good to make sure it held. I printed the verse on parchment paper and then cut the tag where I needed it. You have to do some measuring to make sure you design is in the right place on the gyspy before cutting it out. I used a 2" piece of orang ribbon to attach the tag and hide the seam. The can is a coffee can.



  

1 comment:

  1. this is very clever! I've never had a go at doing anything like this! and, sorry about the 'song'!!
    (Lyn)

    ReplyDelete