Friday, November 18, 2011

How to Make a Christmas Pudding.

I tried to find out whose Digi  the Christmas Pudding was. If it is yours ,please let me know so I can give you credit for the digi and link it to to you. Thank You!
     I did this card for the food challenge at For Fun Challenges. We had to follow a recipe. !-food, 2-prints of paper, 3- brads, buttons, or eyelets.
    I love pictures of Christmas Puddings! I always have. One day I hope to try one. It sounds so good. I read you make it one month before Christmas and you don't cut it before Christmas Eve. it is to be brought into the room with the lights dimmed or off as you pour brandy over it and light it. That sounds increditable and beautiful.
     The poem on the vellum is by Elizabeth Turner. I found it one the internet and put it in word and set the font to look old. I used vellum adhesive to place it on the card. The 2 prints are from Echo Park Dots and Strips Christmas pack 6 x 6".  The white by Georgia Pacific. The card is 6 x 5". Copic used were E31, E57, E37, E29, R35, R29, YG95, G85. The 3 buttons are from my stash. Thanks for visiting.

7 comments:

  1. Great job on our challenge!! Im so glad you decided to play along with us at For Fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just want to say that I love love how you used your 3 buttons. They are perfect!!

    Thanks for "cooking it up" with us at For Fun Challenges. Hope to see you again on Wednesday when the new challenge is posted.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your Christmas pudding card. Had to enlarge the image to read the poem - very cute!

    Pudding is similar to fruitcake. Lots of dried fruit and nuts. It also has million different family recipes but still an acquired taste. I love it, especially since only 4 of us eat it between our large extended family and we always have lots of leftovers! YEAH!

    I have a permanent mark on my dining room table from the heat of the fruit cake flame two years ago. We thought we were having trouble lighting it. Instead it was burning so hot, the flame was blue and no one saw it. Luckily no one was hurt.

    Thanks for the happy holiday memory! I hope you'll come and play again next week. Loved seeing your card at For Fun Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very clever and very cute. adorable!
    Thanks for playing with us over at FFC this week.
    xxMarie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I agree... I adore images of plum pudding, actually I adore the eating of it too! What a clever idea to include a recipe for it as well! I love your creation! Thanks for sharing with us at For Fun challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh, I love this! Love how you printed the verse onto vellum its so effective. Great use of the 3 buttons too! Thanks for joining our recipe challenge at FOR FUN this week, hope you play along again soon.

    Hugs, Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats! Come see us at For Fun Challenges!!

    ReplyDelete