Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Be My Valentine -easel card


     Hello! Today I am a Guest Designer for Lynne at Her Craftiness http://slasewcraftiness.blogspot.com/

  This is an easel card. Here is how to make it.
   #1 Cut a 12 x 12 piece of cardstock to 12 x 9.5"
   #2 Cut the 12  x 9.5" piece of cardstock in half, so you have 2 - 6 x 9.5" pieces
   #3 Fold the first sheet in half.
   #4 Cut the second sheet in half. You will now have 2 - 4.5 x 6" pieces.
   #5 Leave the fist piece as is. Cut a 2" x 6" piece from the other.
   #6 Score the 4.5 x 6" piece at 1/2" alone the long side. Use ATG runner to glue it to the back of your card.
   #7 To the front of this piece pop dot up the 2 x 6" piece.
   #8 Now you are ready to decorate it.
          Note: my card is bigger than the instructions I gave you. It will take 1 1/2 sheets of cardstock to make a bigger card.

    I used Cricut cartridge Love Struck to cut out the heart in red at 4" using my Gypsy. Row1 button2 of keypad.I then figured my card size at 5 1/4" x 5" and cut the layer image of the heart on the screen where I needed it on my card at 4" Row2 button2 on keypad. I then cut the the same layer out at 4.75" on vellum. Glue the vellum heart to the inside of the card making sure to cover the heart opening. When dry glue the red heart to the vellum.
   The sentiment is by Desert Diva- a free digi. http://desertdiva-hannelie.blogspot.com/  I used copics to color the hearts over layering the color. R35, R27, R29 -colors used.
   The flowers are from Cricut cartridge Flower Shoppe. Scallop1 at 3" row 1 button 2 on keypad, scallop 2 - 1.28" row 2 button 2 on keypad, scallop 4  at 1.28" row 4 button 2, leaves at .67" row5 button3 on keypad. This is a flower you have to put together. Starting at the center of the first scallop roll up to form the center of the flower. I found it helps to put adhesive on the design first before rolling up. Glue dot the very end. You need something strong here. Glue dot the tag on Scallop 4. Form a cone shape flower. Using a glue dot adhere scallop 2 to scallop 4. Now using fast dry glue, glue your center to the bottom 2 layers. Glue a pearl into the very center of flower.
   Papers used are Red- Recollections, white- Georgia Pacific, vellum- Nicole Crafts. Pearls are by Recollections.
     
Thanks for stopping by for a visit. I always enjoy your visit. Edwina

I am entering this card in the Die Cuttin Divas Challenge. http://diecuttindivas.blogspot.com/2012/01/challenge-50-anything-goes.html

2 comments:

  1. This is stunning Edwina. Love how you have a tealight? Love the glow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Edwina -- this is absolutely beautiful and I'm thrilled that you were my Guest Designer -- great project!!! I will be stopping over to learn how to make an easel card for sure!!
    Hugs,Love, and Pixie Dust
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete