Friday, May 18, 2012

Thinking of You card

   
                                          
    The Challenge this week at Digi Darla is to make a card by what inspires you from this photo. I was inspired by the colors of the flowers, the flowers themselves, and the weaving of the rug design. It made me think of weaving paper stripes to make a mat. That is what I did for the background of the card. The flowers I used on my card are some pieces of a flower I found in the parking lot at Michael s one time. I thought they were pretty, so home they came and got a good washing. The rose and green appealed to me in the flowers of the photo too. I also liked the browns. I tried to put some of that into Caleb's hat.
     Copics used are E000, E00, E01, E02-skin, E33, E37-hair, E59, E57, E31- hat and shoes, B97, BG05, BG01-overalls, BG05, BG01- bowtie, YG000, YG01, YG06- shirt and paper around flowers, RV09, RV06, RV02-flowers and bow on flowers.
     Papers used are by Recollections- blue, and pink, Georgia Pacific-white, DCWV- print for leaves. The edges of the leaves are inked with green ink.
     The card size is 4" x 4 1/4".
    Thank you for stopping by for a visit. I was glad you came. Edwina

5 comments:

  1. That is just Adorable!! Love what you did with the DP, that is really cool.. Thanks for joining us at DigiDarla's this week!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this card, very cute and adorable!
    Great job! Thanks for playing at DigiDarla' Challenge blogs.

    Hugs

    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your card as usual Edwina! Thanks for joining us at Digi Darla's.

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is adorable! Love how you worked with the paper and made a weave background! the digi is colored very well and the flowers are sooo pretty! Great card! Thanks for playing along with us at Digi Darla's!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Edwina! This is gorgeous!! I love those flowers and you did an awesome job coloring up cute lil Caleb!! Thanks so much for joining us at Digi Darla's this week!!

    ReplyDelete