Monday, June 25, 2012

4th of July bears hop




    I made a double sided banner for the 4th of July using Lisa's files 4th of July, Happy Birthday America, and Bear #2. you can find all the files under Holidays in her store at Scrapping with Lisa here.    http://www.scrappingwithlisadesigns.com/category_25/4th-of-July.htm

                                                      1st side of banner.

                                                 Closeup of the 1st side of banner.

                                                   Closeup of the 1st side.

                                                         2nd side of banner.

                                         Closeup of this side of the 2nd side of banner.

                                   Closeup of the other part of the 2nd side of the banner.


    I used Cricut cartridge Birthday Bash to cut out the banner. It can be found on the keypad row 4 button 8 font key and the font shift key for the shadow. I cut it at 5.32". I then held the shadow piece up to the blue and cut out a bigger piece to give me 3 layers for the banner.


    Here are items I used to decorate the images.I paper pieced most of the bears. Some are png, but  most are pdf. I decorated all of the images. I used Pom Poms by Darice as some of the noses. Eyes are wiggle eyes by Creatology. Stardust clear Gelly Roll Pen for glitter highlights. Star Confetti by Celebrate It from (Michales)- fireworks image. 3 Mini star brads on the watermelon bear's hat by Recollections. Popdots were used to pop up parts of the bears to give them a 3D effect. ATG runner, Glue Dots and Zig 2 way glue pen were used as adhesives. The papers are Georgia Pacific-white, Recollections- dark blue and floral print. Target- 4th of July prints. The Ribbon is by Offray.


   I hope you enjoyed my banner to decorate our home for the 4th of July. Have a lovely day. Edwina


   Your next stop on the hop is http://www.ladyluvbug.blogspot.com/



8 comments:

  1. Wow, this was obviously a labor of love. To make something like this without being able to cuts svgs. Amazing my friend. It came out so wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your banner is Amazing Edwina! I love all the images and the design is super Great paper. Gosh I can't imagine how long it took to cut out all those pieces! I can't cut SVG's either and I know how long it takes me! Awesome Job!
    Big Blog Hugs, Janet

    ReplyDelete
  3. woohoo. this is fantastic. i to hand cut my pieces and the itty bitty tiny ones i skip.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness, Edwina!! This is ADORABLE!!! I love absolutely EVERYTHING about this FABULOUS banner!!!

    Thank you for stopping by my blog during The Outlawz celebration :) I appreciate the follow and am now following you as well. I hope to see you in the party challenges ;) Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love all the images in your fabulous banner. Lots of great details. Simply adorable. TFS

    Babe
    youiesmom@att.net

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fabulous project my dear friend!!! What a great project to celebrate America's birthday!!!! A double sided banner is a wonderful idea!!!
    It is always a pleasure to see your wonderful phenomenal projects!!!
    Hugs, Love, and Pixie Dust
    Lynne
    Her Craftiness

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cute banner, and I can see a lot of work went into it! :^)
    Hugs,
    Penny

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow. You did an awesome job on this fun banner Edwina.

    ReplyDelete