Sunday, June 10, 2012

Her Craft Kre8ions Blog let Them Eat Cake




  • Here is my altered journal.



                                                           Front of Journal

                                                             Inside cover

                                                       Inside back cover

                                                       Showing the tags

                                                              Closeup of tags

                                                           Back cover

   Copics used are E000, E00, E01, E02-skin, E31, E11, E000-hair, B01, B05, B29-birds, B01-eyes, RV00, RV02-lips, RV000, Rv00, RV02, RV04-dress, RV04, RV00, RV02-cupcake and flowers, Rv00-bracelet, E37-nest, YG61, YG67-leaves. The 3 cupcakes on the tags I used RV00, RV02, RV04, R24, R35, R29, R59-cherries.

   Stardust clear Gelly Roll pen was used on bracelet and bird's eyes, and cupcakes for tags. Green Gelly Roll Pen was used on the stems of cherries on tags.Viva Decor Cream Pearl Pen was used on the cupcakes.
 
    I used Cricut cartridge Elegant Edges to cut out 2 frames. Ashlyn's Alphabet to cut out the tags.

   I cut a piece of acetate  at 6 1/4" x 4 1/4" to go on the inside of the rectangle frame. The frame is pop dotted up the 2 sides and bottom so a photo can be added.

   I printed 2 of the same image same size for the front cover. I cut out the arm the birds, and the other hand, these I decorated and pop dotted on the image. I printed a larger image and cut the face and arm out. The face i put into the frame and the arm on the back. The face is from the left over image. I cut it by hand into an oval for the frame.

   Step 1
   The journal is a Smash Journal by K & Company. I covered it with material. The insides I cut cardboard to fit the pages and covered with a correnating fabric.

   Step2
   Color images and cut them out.

   Step3
    Hot glue on the beads.

   Step 4
  The braid was made from Embroidery thread color #842. I used one scheme. I then hot glued it on the colored image.

   Step5
  Cut and hot glue on the laces.  Then add other embellishments.

  The laces came from Walmart triple Teir- 2 1/2" wide, and pearls on Be 3/4" wide. The fabric and pink ribbon also came from Walmart.

    The black glitter on a roll on the back cover and the pearl border are from Recollections. The deep pink pearls also came from Recollections. The pink gems are by Mark Richards. The glass beads are by Create Cousin.The front image I added 2 paper flowers, they are by Jolee's Boutique called Together Blossoms.

   The cupcakes on the tags are from Inkadinkadoo called Cupcake Clings.

  Your next stop along the way is Lisa

 

 

 
                                             




8 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! Fabu job on your coloring and detailing! I love those Gelly Roll pens too! Thanks for haring and providing a step by step how-to! :)
    ~Colleen

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH MY GOSH - this is an awesome project - - Love the braided hair that you have added and the little added details both inside and out. Wonderful, just awesomely wonderful.

    Kimberly

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW yor jopurnal is absolutely gorgeous I love the added details using the lace on the dress and the brais are so beautiful I love allthe demntional aspects truely wonderful project!
    Big Blog Hugs, Janet

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful!!! You are wonderful with copics!! I love Gelly Roll pens too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous jornal!! I LOVE the brais on Marie on the front

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow you did an amazing job! I love your journal.

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOWSERS this is amazing! I love everything that you have done all the details are stunning and I am sure you are going to get so much pleasure out of this every day.

    Hugs
    Linda xxxx

    ReplyDelete