Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Thinking of You card


   Hello, Today I am sharing a card I made for the mining for silver challenge at Digi Darla. You can find the challenge here. http://digidarlas.blogspot.com/ The butterfly dig is by Digi Darla. It is a new release at the Stamp Club. You can find the club here http://www.digitalstampclub.com/

   Copics used are B01, B05, B29-butterfly. Silver Metallic Gelly roll pen was used on the butterfly. Stardust clear Gelly Roll pen was used on it's eyes.

  The card shape is cut out using Cricut cartridge Elegant Edges with 2 of the shapes welded together. I then spritzed the card with Tattered Angles Glimmer Mist kiwi.

   The ribbon flower I made. By cutting ribbon strips at 2" I used 14. I cut out a 3/4" circle of cardstock and covered it with 3 memory glue dots. I then placed a mini glue dot on the end of the ribbon and folded over to the other end.I did all 14 pieces. Then I placed seven around the circle edge. using Mini dots as needed to hold the ribbon petals in place. Then I brought the second layer in more and placed them between the other petals. Using 2 memory glue dots I placed a button on the center of the flower.

   I hand cut out the leaves in a light olive green card stock. Then I used Copics YG67, YG 06, YG95, YR21 to color the leaves leaving some of the original color of the paper.

   Thanks for dropping in for a visit. I was glad to see you. Edwina


4 comments:

  1. Really love how you have done that flower and the wings of that butterfly really pop.

    Thanks for joining us as Digi Darla’s Challenge this week. Hope to see you again next week. DT Crafting Vicky

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOWZA! GORGEOUS! Love this image and you sure show cased! Thanks for joining us at Digi Darla's.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Butterfly Love the colors you chose. Thanks for joining us at Digi Darla's
    Lisa O

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my word! That is one stunning butterfly! Love it!! Thanks for joining us at Digi Darla's this week!

    ReplyDelete