Sunday, September 2, 2012

Robyn's Fetish Challenge # 123 pearls, swirls, and glitter


                                                        Side view of step card.
   
   Hello, Today at Robyn's Fetish our challenge is to use pearls, swirls, and glitter. We are all using the Paris digi set from Melonheads. Melonheads is our sponsor. The winner gets a $15 gift certificate to the Melonheads Illustrating Store.

   I printed the girl, packages, shopping bag, and poodles in 2 sizes. Everything is printed on white cardstock except the lamp post and Eiffel Tower. The lamp post was printed on vellum and white cardstock. the Eiffel Tower on light blue cardstock.

   Copics used are E000, E00, E01, E02-skin, E29, E37, E33-hair, RV10, R81, R83, R85-pinks, B00, B02, B05, B29-blues, YR23, Y13, Y15, Y17-yellows, C1, C3, C%, C&, C10-gray/blacks.
   Stardust Clear Gelly Roll pen was used as glitter on the sign, clouds, words, packages, bag, boa/scarf, lights for light post.
   The light post was printed on vellum and the lights glued on. I printed the light post on white cardstock and colored it with copics, then stardust gelly roll pen. I then cut the lights out and glued them on the post using Scotch quick dry glue.
   The Eiffel Tower is 5" high. It is printed on blue cardstock size 5 1/2" high by 8 3/8" long.
   There are pearls on the dresses, top package of the packages, and the handle of bags. There is also a pearl for the dogs nose. pink has black pearls and yellow has turquoise pearls from Recollections. The flourish for the clouds is also by Recollections.
   The grass is cut using deckled scissors. The sidewalk is drawn using a ruler at a slant and a black ink pen. The clouds are hand cut, no pattern used.
   Papers are by Recollections-light blue, and green, DCWV-gray print, Georgia Pacific-white, Nicole-vellum.
   The base of the card is 83/8" x 11". Score at 1 1/4", 2 1/2", 41/4", 6", and 8 1/2". make sure when you fold you have 3 mountain folds. I used ATG to adhere the Eiffel Tower  paper to the tallest mountain folded piece of the card. Then I applied the the sidewalk and grass. Then the light post. Now I was able to add my other pieces.
   Fold the card flat to mail. It will fit an 8 1/2" x 6" envelope.

   Thanks for dropping by for a visit. Edwina










5 comments:

  1. Edwina, I came by to see your banner, but wow, this is an incredibly cute project! I love how you made it 3D. The girls with their shopping bags are so cute! Love the lamp post too! I would have never thought about using pearls like that in the clouds. Great idea! I hope you win! tfs Tami
    Tambo's Creations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful step card, colouring perfect. have a great week, cheers Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have never made one of these cards. It is beautiful. I have not seen a step card and I love it. I need to start to learn all these great folds. Thanks for sharing.

    Michelle (Design Team)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have to say that I really like your cards. I've enjoyed going through your most recent past blogs to see what you have created and you are very talented.

    ReplyDelete