Friday, October 19, 2012

Fresh Brewed Challenge- Christmas creations


                                                      showing the front of the door.

                                                    The door on the inside

                                I used ribbon to hold the folds in place when it is standing up.

                                                      Side view of the step card.

Hello, Today I am entering the challenge at fresh brewed designs. The house was a freebie if you are going to enter. I asked Heather if I could have a gingerbread man for the card also. You can find the challenge here http://freshbreweddesigns.blogspot.com/2012/10/pre-blog-hop-challenge-october.html

I made a step card. Each fold is 1/2" higher than the one before it. The folds are 1 1/4", 1 3/4", 2".

I cut one of the gingerbread men's legs off and attached them so I would have one standing up. I then gave him a colored in belt.

After the house was colored with copics, I cut along the snow to the door and cut 3 sides of the door. Then i folded it back. I drew another door around the opening and cut it to fit the door. I then colored it to be the inside making sure the the doorknob and window would be the opposite of the other side.I gave it blue in the window to look like he would be looking out to the sky. Yellow for light for inside. I placed a piece of yellow cardstock behind the door and added the gingerbread man. I glued the house to a piece of 3" x 4 1/2" blue cardstock. I then cut out the snow from a second image and placed it right below and over lapping the the snow of the image. The snow is colored with Stardust Clear Gelly Roll Pen. Then glue it to the 3rd layer.
 I colored and cut out 3 of the gingerbread men for the second layer.i colored the white piece with the Stardust Gelly Roll pen before adding them.
The sentiment I saw at Create with TLC. I could not get Paulette's to fit my card right, So I typed it using the Edwardian Script. You can find the sentiment in the TLC store here http://www.artfire.com/ext/shop/studio/tlc4lo

Copics used are E31, E33, E37-gingerbread, R29, R35, R59-candy stick, bow ties, hat, G28, G05, YG06-sucker, hats, B02, B05, B29-presents, YR23, Y17, Y02-yellow window, B01, B02, B05, B29-blue window, Silver Metallic Gelly Roll pen-presents, and buttons on gingerbread men, Black Gelly Roll pen-eyes, Stardust clear Gelly Roll pen-snow, hats, icing.  

Thanks for stopping by. I enjoyed our visit. Edwina




2 comments:

  1. I LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS CARD!!! HOW CUTE IS THAT?!?!! EHEHEHE!!! LOVE the little FBD Gingerbread men :) I love how you preformed surgery to create the one standing, hehehe!

    Thank you so much for playing long this month!
    Big hugs!
    Heather D.
    www.freshbreweddesigns.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. omg! AMAZINGLY FUN CARD!! looooove it!!! :) thank you for playing at fresh brewed designs :)

    ReplyDelete