Saturday, November 10, 2012

Christmas/Winter Banners for Special Needs Kids Blog Hop


"In the eyes of children, we find the joy of Christmas. In their hearts, we find its meaning."

As joyous as Christmas is for most families, for some, their holidays are filled with worry, medical treatments and tests, and pain -- for their child must be hospitalized or she or he needs long-term care rather than being home with their families. 

For these kids, Santa doesn't slip down a chimney but rather, often comes in the guise of community volunteers who help make the season bright.  



This is the second Christmas season that our own band of dedicated and loving paper crafters have come together to make Holiday banners for children who are too sick to be home for the holidays.  Welcome to the Christmas Banners for Special Needs Kids blog hop!

I am especially pleased that this year, not only have our numbers of generous crafters swelled so our Hop is over three full days, but also, that we have partnered with another great cause and recipient of our banners!


By teaming up with Madison Womack's I FEEL THE LOVE PROJECT, the banners our crafters have handmade will be going to the hospitalized children at Children's Hospital Central California

First, let me show you the banner I made for today's post. I'll be sending this to Madison and the children at CHCC who are benefiting from the I Feel the Love project in December:





                                                      Close up of right side

                                                         Middle of banner.

                                                     Close up of left side.

 Hello everyone, My banner is double sided. It is the same on both sides.
   I used Cricut cartridges Best of 2007 row 4 button 1-snowflake at 3", Creative Memories Cheerful Seasons row 4 button 6- snowman at 3", row 4 button 7- Hot Chocolate cups at 3.5", row 4 button 10-skates at 2.65", Celebrate With a Flourish row 5 button 2- Skate with snowflakes at 2.65", Creative Memories Tis The Season row 4 button 9 -snowflakes at 3.5", row 5 button 4 -snowman at 3.5", Birthday Bash for the banner-row 4 button 10 at 5".

   The papers are all by Recollections. I used Stardust Clear Gelly Roll pen on the steam and as accents on other pieces. The ribbon is by Offray.

  I normally give away blog candy on here with the hop.I am out of town and will not get home till Thanksgiving. I am still going to give away blog candy. It is a Cuttlebug embossing folder Tiffany. I do not have a photo to show as our power was out when I left. Please leave a comment and your e-mail to be in the drawing for the embossing folder. I will mail it out when I get home, but will announce the winner the day after the hop is over. Thank you. Edwina

Your next stop on the hop is Shawnee

Here is the whole lineup in case you need help along the way.








13 comments:

  1. What a great banner - you are truly talented my dear friend!!!!
    Much love, hugs, and friendship
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful banner. I love the style you used and the beautiful cuts. The children are going to love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a Jolly banner. The more you look, the more you see. i know that it will entertain a bedridden child for hours! Thanks for sharing. i am your newest follower

    marianneDOTwanhamATgmailDOTcom

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Edwina, you always make the NICEST banners for my hops!! You are talented, creative and SUCH a willing spirit. THANK YOU for making it, and sharing it so generously with the kids at Childrens Hospital Central California. May you be blessed in kind.

    Fondly,
    Ellen ♥ CardMonkey
    http://cardmonkeyspaperjungle.com
    E-mail: cardmonkey@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete
  5. VEry nice banner, you put a lot of work into it. FUn being on this hop with you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great Banner Edwina!! Never thought to do both sides, My Banner I made is my very first one I have ever made and Think it is so much fun to make them!! I am just getting started on the hop and now gotta leave to go to work, hope to finish up this evening!! TFS!! And be safe on you trip!

    http://ibecircled.blogspot.com
    ilovetonkinese2 at hotmail dot com
    Rexann♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. This banner is so cute!! It arrived at my house today!!! YIPPY!! Thank you so much Edwina for your support and compassion for the kids. You are a blessing to them and to the I Feel the Love Project.
    ~Madison Ifeeltheloveproject.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay! You beat me to it, just getting round to let you know that there's a little Sunshine Award on my blog for you Here! I was here before, but stopped to read your posts then couldn't remember if I'd let you know!! (Sieve head that's me!)
    ((Lyn))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooops forgot to say...love the banner!!

      Delete
  9. What a beautiful banner!
    bbiswabic@new.rr.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love, love, love your banner colors! So bright & cheerful! Will certainly brighten the day of one lucky child and care givers! Hugs, Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! What an awesome banner with so many colors. I think my favorite images are the mugs and the penguin.

    Melissa
    iamapapermaniac.blogspot.com
    scraplady202@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Super cute banner - the penguin is adorable!
    New follower!
    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete