Friday, January 18, 2013

Butterfly and Flowers card


Hello, Today I made a card using punches, lace and pearls. At Tsunami Rose their challenge is to use the color inspiration from the above photo. You can find the challenge herehttp://tsunamirosedesigns.blogspot.com/2013/01/challenge-wednesday-3-color-inspiration.html

The lace and pearls are from Miriam's Crafting Supplies. You can find them here https://www.facebook.com/MiriamsCraftingSupplies

I cut the 4"  wide lace at 7" long. I then used my ATG along the straight edge of the lace and gathered it together. Then glued the gathered part on the card with Scotch Quick dry glue. Then added the pearls to the lace.

The body of the butterfly is made using a triangle 3" x 4" I then rolled it up on a pencil to get the curve into the paper. After that I applied ATG adhesive to the curved up piece and rolled it tightly. Using Scotch Quick dry glue I glued the body down on top of the gathered piece of the lace. When dry I drew the antennas for the butterfly using purple metallic Gelly Roll Pen.

Next using Recollections daisy punches in 3 sizes I punched floers out in 3 colors. I curled the petals under and then up. Using glue dots I layered them. Then added glue to the edges and sprinkled glitter on the flowers. When dry I put a 1/2" pop dot on the backs and placed them on the card. I trimmed off the overhanging pieces. I anted 2 to not be on the card all the way so did it on purpose.

The papers are by Bazzill- light and medium green, Recollections- pink, Georgia Pacific- white, DCWV-  purple, and medium flower was spritzed with Tattered Angels Cranberry Zing Glimmer Mist on white cardstock.

The glitter is iridescent from Recollections.

The card is 5" x 6 1/2".

Thanks for dropping by. Have a good day. Edwina






3 comments:

  1. OMGoodness.... sooooooo creative... I love it... and Thank you for joining our challenge :))
    ~Rhonda TRD DTL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your win! I am so excited for you! :)

    ReplyDelete