Saturday, January 12, 2013

January Calendar Girls Blog Hop


Welcome to our January Calendar Girls' Blog Hop. Its absolutely amazing when you do a google search the interesting facts you may find. Such a find is special and unique occasions throughout the yea!!! These unique holidays are our inspiration. As Neil Sedaka sang in his song "Calendar Girls" - "January you start the year out fine".

The hop starts with Edwina at http://edwinascreations.blogspot.com/. You won't want to miss a single calendar event!!!! 

The line-up for January includes:


January Occasions We Wish to Share:
  • Hot Tea Month - Edwina
  • National Oatmeal Month - Miriam
  • National Soup Month

3 Festival of Sleep Day - Vicky
3 Fruitcake Toss Day
5 National Bird Day - Lucy
6 Cuddle Up Day - Janet
8 Bubble Bath Day - Kimberly
11 Step in a Puddle and Splash Your Friend's Day -
12 National Pharmacist Day: Lynne
14 Dress Up Your Pet Day: Anita
15 National Hat Day: Jearise
17 Ditch New Years Resolutions Day: Tabetha
18 Winnie the Pooh Day -The Birthday of Winnie's author A.A. Milne: Lynne
20 Penguin Awareness Day:Anita
21 National Hugging Day: Jearise
21 Squirrel Appreciation Day- Tabetha
23 National Pie Day - Miriam
27 Chocolate Cake Day - Lucy
28 National Kazoo Day
29 National Puzzle Day: Lucy
29 National Cornchip Day -Janet
31 Backward Day

We have a super sponsor this month - The Stamping Chef, http://thestampingchef.oo.gd/index.php?route=common/home, who has graciously offered 3 digis of the lucky winners choice.

  Okay, first steps first. Do you have your cup of hot tea? Mine is hear beside me. 
I have 2 projects for you today. I have National Hot Tea month. I love hot tea. I drink several cups a day all year long. I love black, green, white, and camomlie teas. My mother raised 2 of my brothers on tea instead of milk when they were babies. They were allergic to milk and formulas. In the 1960's doctors gave babies tea for stomach upset with sugar in it.
                                             This is a 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" card.

This is a 12" x 12" scrapbook layout.
The image I used is by Digi Darla. You can find it here http://www.digidarladesigns.com/

The sentiments are typed on my computer and printed off.

The pink ribbon lace on the layout is from Miriam's Supplies Shop. You can find it herehttps://www.facebook.com/MiriamsCraftingSupplies. The blue ribbon the card is from The Paper Temptress.

The pearls are by recollections.

The papers for the card are from Recollections- solid blue and pink, brown and the pink prints are from Recollections 6" x 6" Valentines pads, The blue print is by DCWV, and Georgia Pacific - white.
The papers for the layout are from ColorMates- deep pink, and pink, Recollections- prints and blue, Georgia Pacific- white.

Copics usedfor the card are E000, E00, E01, E02- skin, R81, R83, R85- pink dress, cushion of chair-B00,B04, Table and chair- E43, E44, E47, E49, doily- Y000, YR31, lips- E04, hair- E33, E37, E95.
Copics for the layout are E000, E00, E01, E02- skin, E31, E33, E37- hair, E04-lips, Y000, YR31- doliy, RV13, RV21- cushion of chair, E43, E44, E47, E49- table and chair, B00, B01, B02, B04, B05 - clothing.

Gelly Roll pens were used on the teapot. Gold Metallic- trim, green- leaves/stem. The flower is copics R83

I hope you are enjoying a hot cup of tea as you hop alone with us. Edwina

Your next stop along the way of the calendar is Miriam. Thanks for stopping by and mark your calendar again next month to see what Holidays to Celebrate on February 9, 2013, for the next Calendar Girls Blog Hop!

10 comments:

  1. What a beautiful card and lay-out my dear friend. I sew wish I had my cup of tea now as I, too drink tea year round but I do the herbal route!!! It is always a pleasure hopping with you as usual!!!
    Much love, hugs, and friendship,
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow sooo fabulous. I really love how you used the image on the layout as well! Very precious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The colors are well coordinated! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love tea just great ideas
    Hugs Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable card love the image and your coloring is super! And a really great layout as well. I'm not much on hot tea I prefer ice tea especially rasberrie.
    Big blog hugs, Janet

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adorable card love the image and your coloring is super! And a really great layout as well. I'm not much on hot tea I prefer ice tea especially rasberrie.
    Big blog hugs, Janet

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is great Edwina. Your coloring is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am here for the January Calendar Girls hop and love your tea time projects. You're so talented. I wish you lived closer so you could teach me to use my alcohol markers for blending. I also enjoyed looking at your other cards and how you did each one. All beautiful! Hugs.

    ReplyDelete