Friday, February 1, 2013

Robyn's Fetish Guest tutorial ,Explosion Box


        Hello, Today I am doing a guest spot tutorial on Robyn's Fetish Challenge Blog. You can find the blog here http://robynsfetishchallengeblog.blogspot.com/  come join us every other week on Friday as Sue and guests share how to make special items.  
      
                         How to make an Explosion Box

      Supplies Needed:
       Cardstock, printed paper, adhesive, Copics or other coloring medium, Scoring board of choice, scissors, Embellishments of choice, Adhesive permanent runner, Scotch Quick Dry Glue

Chose 8 digis and a sentiment or 9 digis. Make them 3 ¼” high and no wider. I am using Robyn's Fetish digis Bee Mine, Flower and Hearts, It’s Bearly Love, I Have a Crush on You, Bunny With Parasol, Tommy Valentines Toad, Tilly Valentines Toad, Love Bear. You can find these in the Robyn's Fetish store here http://robynsfetish.com/  Print them off on white cardstock.

                       Color with your choice of medium. I used Copic markers.

                         Cut out the images. Set them aside while you make the box.


Score a 12” x 12” piece of  cardstock on the 4” and 8” score lines on both sides. Do not use the thinner papers for this. The heavier the cardstock the better. I used an ivory piece of Recollections. Bazzill would be better as it is heavier.


                 Cut along the score lines 4”.As shown in the photo. To cut out the corners.

                                                  You will be left with this

Now cut a piece of cardstock to 5 1/8” x 5 1/8” Score at ½” on all 4 sides.

Cut to make flaps on each end as shown. Cut notches so the corners fit together easier. Do that by cutting at an angle to form a triangle shape . See in the photo.

Fold alone the score lines and glue the corners together using a strong glue. I used Scotch Quick Dry Glue.

Now cut ten 3 ¾’ x 3 ¾” squares of  cardstock-(I used red) and ten 3 12’ x 3 ½” squares of designer paper-(prints) These are for each section of the box and top of the lid. I used 2 Recollections 6” x 6’pads With Love, and Love

Glue digis and sentiment on the 3 ½’ squares. Then glue the 31/2” squares to the red squares

Glue squares onto the box and lid. Decorate with embellishments as desired. Finish folding the box and put your box lid on it.  
                                                            Inside of box.                                                    

                                                            Outside of box.

                                                                 Lid of box.


I used gems by Recollections. The Be Mine ribbon is The Valentine collection from Michales Celebrate It.
   
The Explosion box can be for a small gift if you desire. Place it inside a sturdier box to gift wrap. It can also be used as a decoration or even as a card.

I am entering this in the 3 Girl Jam 3-D Valentine challenge here http://3girljamchallenge.blogspot.com/

   I hope you enjoyed mt tutorial and will give this a try. Have a very happy day. Edwina



8 comments:

  1. Many thanks Edwina for joining has my guest at Robyn's Fetish tutorials, your explosion box is so beautiful. Cheers Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how gorgeous Edwina... this is so pretty and I love the images. :-) I have many of those myself. AWESOME colouring you did too... fantastic creation :-)
    Many thanks too - I received your lovely ATC today :-D xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What great box Edwina! You made your tut way simpler than mine, think I'll give your method a whirl.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is FABULOUS! Thanks for joining 3 Girl JAM!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a great design! Love all the details you put into this! Thanks for joining us over at 3 Girl Jam Challenges! DT Member Carri~Abusybee

    ReplyDelete
  6. You provided great directions. Beautiful project. Thanks for joining 3 Girl JAM's challenge.

    Cheri - 3 Girl JAM DT
    www.djssundries.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've made one of these before, but it had three layers. Quite a project. I love making projects like this but get overwhelmed with all the math. You made it so simple! I love that. My printer won't communicate with the internet, so that leaves me out of a lot of freebies. I'm just so thankful you made this so easy to understand. Illustrating your pictures helped a lot. Thanks fellow crafter!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a wonderful tutorial! Thanks for joining us on 3 Girl Jam's challenge!

    ReplyDelete