Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Robyn's Fetish "What's Cookin Kitchen Blog Hop " April 10th - 12th

Hello Today we are having a blog hop show casing the new Robyn's Fetish Cooking digis. You should have come from Diane

There are prizes to be won. They are as follows.

The GRAND PRIZE is the Winner’s choice of 3 of the NEW “WHAT’S COOKIN’” KITCHEN digital stamps.
There will be 5 winners that will each receive 1 of the NEW “WHAT’S COOKIN’” KITCHEN IMAGES that are on 5 of the DT members’ blogs.
In order to win a prize you have to comment on each blog stop. you must leave a comment at the beginning and at the end of the hop at The Robyn's Fetish Challenge blog and all the blogs in between. The winners will be announced on April 15th on the Robyn's Fetish Challenge blog.


I have two projects for you. First I have a recipe page using the Robyn's Fetish Bread digi, then a diorama using Granny's Cookies.



I am making a recipe book for my niece Chelley. She asked me to put together recipes that we make so she can have them to use. This is an 8 1/2" x 11" page. 
I printed off the digi 2 times then flipped the image and printed it off 2 more times. I then used copics to color the bread digi. 
I decided I need some cranberries to add to the page too, so I drew some and colored them to match the ones in the bread. 
I cut out the word bread using Cricut cartridge From My Kitchen at .66" The paper for the word bread is by Graphics 45.
i wanted a table cloth for the bread to sit on. i used a Martha Steward punch called Edge punch. The Gingham paper is by Recollections.
I typed the recipe for the cranberry bread and printed it off onto white cardstock by Georgia Pacific.
Copics used are C1, C3, C5, C7- pans, R22, R29, R56, R59, YR24- cranberries, E00, E31, E33- bread, (B000, B00, B02, B05- blue, G03, G07, YG00, YG01- green, Y04, Y13, Y15, Y17- yellow, R20, R22, R24, R27- coral)- napkins between pans, Stardust clear was used on the inside pan. I was trying to get a glass looking pan.

                                                       The diorama I made.

 This shows everything on the diorama and how it is put together. it is similar to an easel card.

This is the poem I wrote to go with my digi. I wrote it before I made anything for the diorama.

Copics used on the digi are E000, E00, E01, E02- skin, C1, C3, C5- hair, YG000, YG01, YG03, YG07 G05, RV11, RV13, RV21, RV23- clothing, C00, C1, C3, C5- cookie sheet, E00, E31- cookies, E04- lips.

The diorama is 12" x 12" laying out flat. When folded to make the diorama it is 6" x 6" x 6".

I cut all the kitchen items from Cricut cartridge From My Kitchen except the cabinets and spice rack. They are my creation. The window and utensil holder are cut from Cricut cartridge Christmas row 5 button 1 at 2.5". It is one window. I cut off the top part and the ends of the window to have a rectangle window. I used the curved part for my utensils. 
Items from " From My Kitchen are: 
Mixing Bowl and Spoon- row 3 button 1 cut at 1.25"  I colored the shades on the bowl.
Stove -row 1 button 3 at 3" I drew in the knobs and colored the gray top on the stove.
 Refrigerator- row 1 button 2 at 5" i drew the handles on the fridge.
Oven Mitts- row 3 button 6 at 1"
Canisters- row 3 button 10 at .85", 1", and 1.12" I colored the cherries and accents.
Apron- row 3 button 4 at 2"
Rolling Pin- row 2 button 9 at 1"
Eggs- row 4 button 9 at .5"
Spice bottles are the black out of the salt shaker - row 4 button 1 at .5" I colored the lids and used different colors for the spices.
Spatula- row 2 button 7 at 1"
Whisk- row 2 button 5 at 1"
Wooden spoon- row 2 button 6 at 1"
Measuring Cup and Spoons are together- row 2 button 10 at .5" i drew the lines on the cup.

The floor is a tan piece of cardstock stamped with Tim Holtz Vintage Photo distress ink using a wood grain background stamp from Recollections.

The curtain is made using the Martha Steward Edge punch Then scoring the paper every 1/4". Then folding it into a ruffle.  The rug uses the same paper scored and folded into mountain valley folds. A piece of pop strip is put inside the mountain folds to help hold them up. The paper is by DCWV for the rug and curtain.

The cabinets are made cutting tan cardstock at 2 1/2" x 6". Then the counter is a lighter tan cut at 1/4' x 6". The doors are cut in the lighter tan at 1 1/8" x 2". The knobs are pearls by Recollections.

The spice rack is cut using tan and kraft paper. Cut the kraft paper at 2" x 1 1/2". The tan cut 3 stripes at 1/8" x 2" and 2 strips at 1 1/2" x 3/ 16". 

I cut the apron to look like it was tied to the refrigerator handle. The oven Mitts have a piece of jewelry twine as their loops.
The yellow shimmer paper for the wall is by Recollections, so are the tans, black, grays, plaid, pink, blue, Georga Pacific- white, DCWV- silver, and print for the curtains and rug, Philadelphia Group- cloud paper..

Thank you for hopping by. The next person on the hop is Karen

Here is the complete lineup in case you get lost along the way.
1. THE ROBYN’S FETISH CHALLENGE BLOG
5. EDWINA - http://edwinascreations.blogspot.com/  you are here 
17. THE ROBYN’S FETISH CHALLENGE BLOG – http://robynsfetishchallengeblog.blogspot.com/







14 comments:

  1. Wow ! Edwina this is gorgeous I love looking at your work such inspiration

    ReplyDelete
  2. Testing my blog making sure all is well here.Enjoying the hop. Edwina

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are stunning! I love the cranberry bread idea for this image. It is so beautifully colored, too.

    Granny's Kitchen is amazing! I find new things to see evey time I look at it. Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Smashing work with the images and kitchen layout stunning cheers Sue N x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the recipe book page and you diorama is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is amazing! The diorama is really fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW, what an amazing diorama! Stunning! Love the recipe page for your niece too.
    Michaela xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow Love them both but the Diorama is adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. wowza this is great! I love the image and yopu did fantastic, love the granny's poem. Im a new follower

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love how you did the diorama! Although I like both of the images you had to work with, I must admit that I am partial to the granny.

    ReplyDelete
  11. WoW! Your recipe card is fabulous. I love your border at the bottom. Your Diorama though is spectacular! So creative.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Edwina that recipe page is stunning. Makes you want that cherry pie. The granny in the kitchen is fabulous.
    Hugs,
    Christine DT Sister

    ReplyDelete
  13. great project
    I love it!
    hugs
    Debbi x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Amazing idea and beautiful creation!! As always - stunning! Hugs, Lilia

    ReplyDelete