Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Rhonda's Birthday Blog Hop

Its my birthday and I'll scrap if i want to, scrap if i want to. you'll scrap too when we're all thru.
I have asked a special group of scrappy friends to join me in celebrating my birthday with a blog hop .You are going to find a ton of inspiration among this talented group!
Here I am celebrating another birthday and turning a year older. I don't know if that is a good thing or not , but let's just celebrate and enjoy the day.
If you came from Janet then your in the right place. If you just happened at my place please start at the beginning with Rhonda craftingwithblue.blogspot.com so you don't miss a thing.
On to my projects shall we...

I have made a card, 12" x 12" double scrapbook layout, and 2 tags to celebrate Rhonda's Birthday.

Hello, Today we are celebrating Rhonda's Birthday. You can stop by Rhonda's blog and wish her Happy Birthday here http://craftingwithblue.blogspot.com/ Rhonda asked that we make a projects with butterflies and not to use  pink and purple. I am using a digi by Create With TLC. You can find it here http://www.artfire.com/ext/shop/studio/tlc4lo

Copics used are Y17, Y21, Y06- flowers, YG61, YG63- grass, and stems, E44, YG61, Yg63- trees, BG000- sky, E33, R24- house, BG05, B21, B23- fairy wings, E000, E00, E01, E02- skin, YR21, YR24, Y00- hair, B21, B23, B26- fairy's clothing, BG01, BG05, B23- butterfly.

Clear Stardust was used as accents on the digi.

The embossing is done using Cuttlebug D'vine Swirls embossing folder. The paper used for the embossing is sprayed with iridescent glitter varnish by Crafter's Companion.

The pearls are from Miriam's Crafting Supplies. You can find them here http://miriamscraftingblog.com/supplies.html

The ribbon is from Michales Spool of Ribbon.

The papers are by Bazzill- blues, Georgia Pacific- white.

The card is 4 1/4" x 5 1/2".

                                               Here are the scrapbook pages.

The butterflies are by Oak Pond. You can find them here http://www.etsy.com/shop/OakPondCreations?ref=si_shop. I printed the butterfly in 4 sizes, two each size.I used Ballet Blue ink pad by Stampin Up and light olive by Studio g. Using sponge applicators I sponged the ink on the butterflies over lapping the colors. I then spritzed the butterflies with water allowing the colors to blend. then re-inked the edges. Once they were dry I cut them out. I then used green and sky Stardust Gelly Roll pens as accents.

The papers are by Recollections- light green, DCWV- green print, Georgia Pacific- white.

The rick rack and ribbon are by Recollections.

The sentiment I typed and printed on the Computer. I thought the words were perfect for a Birthday or any special day.

The journaling spots are done using blue metallic Gelly Roll pen.

Here are the tags and extra butterflies.

  The butterflies on the large pocket tag are made using a Martha Steward stamp and punch set, They are 2 layers.
 The flowers are made using a Recollections mini flower punch and EK Success 5 petal flower punch. The leaves are hand cut.
 The pearls are by Recollections. The gems for the butterflies bodies are by Jolees Bling.The Ribbons are by offray.
The green butterflies and butterflies in the bag are cut using my Cricut and a Martha Steward punch.

The tags are hand cut and the corners at the top are done using a Fiskars corner punch. The large tag is a pocket tag. It has a pocket on each side. The other side is decorated too.

Thanks for dropping by to help celebrate Rhonda's Birthday.

 Please head on over to Lisa so you can see what she has made.
But before you go please finish reading so you know how to enter for the prizes.
We have a AWESOME sponsor for my birthday hop. She is Lisa from Scrapping with Lisa designs. She is going to be giving away a $25 gift card to her store. You can get tons of awesome svg files with that gift card. If you sign up for her newsletter you will get a free file weekly. She's also having a DT call going on. Check it out. (love her files)
We have another AWESOME sponsor. Treasure box designs she will be giving away a $10 file from her store.If you sign up for her newsletter you will get a free file weekly. (love her files)
We also have another AWESOME sponsor. my scrap chick is giving away a $10 discount code for one time use.If you sign up for her newsletter you will get a free file weekly. (love her files)
Please stop by the sponsors pages and let them know you appreciate what they are doing .
To be eligible to win, please follow all blogs and leave a message on each one. I will be announcing the winner on August 1.
Here is the blog hop line-up.



8 comments:

  1. Very pretty. Glad to be a part of Rhonda's Birthday Hop with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so very pretty! So honored to be in this hop with you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous scrapbook pages, Edwina, love them, I really need to try and do some layouts. You are giving me inspiration to try xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful projects love the butterfly's xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. these creations brought a huge smile to my face because they are in my favorite colors and the butterflies i love. the card is sitting on my desk. gorgeous creations edwina. thank you for celebrating with me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. your projects are beautiful!!! love the color combo :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty card with a lovely stamped image. Happy Birthday to Rhonda.

    marg0006 at Verizon dot net

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your beautiful card! The brilliant colors just pop!

    ReplyDelete