Sunday, December 1, 2013

Robyn's Fetish Challenge #188 Christmas Cards

Showing the door and windows open.
 
 
Showing the door and windows closed.
 
 
Close-up of sentiment.
 
Hello, Today at Robyn's Fetish Challenges our challenge is to make Christmas Cards. Today I am using "Evin the Christmas Elf" by Robyn's Fetish. You can find it here http://robynsfetish.com/shop . Robyn's Fetish is our sponsor today. The winner gets their choice of 3 digital images from the Robyn's Fetish Store. You can find it here http://robynsfetish.com/shop .
 
Copics used are E000, E00, E02, E01- skin, E33, E37, E95- red hair, E43, E44, E47- brown hair, Y17, Y28- bells on toe of shoes, YG00, YG03, YG07, YG41, G03, G07, G28- green outfit, R22, R24, R29, R59, G28, G07, G03- red and green outfit.
 
The window is a Spellbinders die called Window Two. It is a Die D-Lites die.
 
The embossed would look to the wall is done on my score board.
 
The door frame/door was made cutting out a rectangle. Then embossing 3 sides at 1/4" making sure I allowed for the slants in the corners of the door frame. I then cut along the score line so I could open the door. I ran my STG runner along the door frame and attached it to the wall.
 
The embossed green wall inside the house is done using Cuttlebug embossing folder D'vine Swirl.
 
I glued the elf to the window pane then pop dotted the wall behind him. The elf in the doorway I glued to the wall/floor. Then pop dotted the wall to the house. Then I added more pop dots to the back and added it to my card.
 
The door knob is a bronze pearl by Miriam's Crafting Supplies. You can find it here http://miriamscraftingblog.com/supplies.html .
 
The ribbon is by the American Ribbon Company.
 
The wreath is hand cut out. I used an 1/8" hole punch for the red dots on it.
 
I put acetate on the windows. I cut it to fit all but the curve. Then glued it to the widow with Scotch Quick Dry Glue. Once it was dry I cut around the curve and cleaned the plastic as well as I could.
 
The sentiment is by Decosse's Dynamite Doodles. You can find it here http://decossesdynamitedoodles.blogspot.com/2012/12/holiday-handout-16-merry-christmas.html . This is a free sentiment. If you get it please leave Lisa a thank you.
 
The card is 5" x 6 1/2"
 
Thanks for dropping by. Be sure to stop by the Robyn's Fetish Challenge blog. You can find it here http://robynsfetishchallengeblog.blogspot.com/ .
 
Have a Very Merry Christmas! Edwina
 
 
 

6 comments:

  1. Wow! What a terrific card for a child! There is so much to look at here. This was a great idea and the window arch is so pretty. Love the design on that. Great coloring, too. Thank you for all that you do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So much fun here, love the door and window great idea.

    Cass xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow Edwina. The sentiment looks just wonderful on this incredible card of yours. I just love it. It is so unique. I've never seen anything like it. I've toyed with the idea of doing some window pane stuff but haven't followed through yet. You certainly inspire me to do so. Fabulous, fabulous, fabulous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is fabulous. I love all the detailed work you put in this. The whole card is my favorite. This must have taken you forever to do. Absolutely exquisite.

    Michelle (DT SIS)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've made such a wonderful card love it, so much detail has gone into it, just lovely hugs DT Sis xx

    ReplyDelete