Saturday, April 12, 2014

Peace card

Hello, Today I am using a sentiment by Lisa Decosse. I got it by joining here Path of Positivity challenge. This month the challenge is peace. You can find the challenge here http://pathofpositivitychallenge.blogspot.com/2014/04/challenge-13-peace-april-7-may-4-2014.html.

Peace is something we all want. I find it in a walk enjoying the things God created. I love seeing the flowers and the butterflies fluttering around. The birds singing and the bees humming. It is all so soothing. I find peace in all the lovely things outside around me. I also find it soothing to drink a cup of hot tea. Holding the cup and breathing in the steam. Siting enjoying it outside in the back yard where the flower garden is.

I made the flowers by punching out daisies with a Martha Stewart and Recollections daisy punch. I then put them together 2 small and 2 medium daisies with a pop dot between the small and medium daisies. Once I shaped the flower petals. I added glitter to the edges. Once dry I added a gem to the centers. The gems are by Queen and Company.

The butterflies are made using a Stampin Up embosslits embossing die. I then inked the butterflies with purple ink and then folded them in the centers. Some are pop dotted on and some glue dotted on. 

The leaves are a thin soft plastic and are from a candle ring.

The die cut is made using a Spellbinders die called Labels Twenty Five.

The embossing was done using a Darice embossing folder called Dots background. 

The papers are by Recollections- purple, Georgia Pacific- white, Imagine That! Satin Fabrics digital paper- http://www.imaginethatdigistamp.com/index.html.

The card is 5" x 6 1/2".

I am entering my card in:


Have a wonderful day. Edwina

8 comments:

  1. Oh Edwina this is so beautiful with the monochromatic purple colouring. Its a gorgeous design. This is so perfect for our PEACE theme this month. Thanks for sharing your talent with us and good luck.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Path of Positivity DT Member}
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the monochromatic design of your card, especially with Easter fast approaching! Nature brings such a feeling of peace to me as well! Thanks for playing in the Path of Positivity challenge this month!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty card! Thanks for joining us at SBC!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your cluster of flowers! Thanks for sharing with us at SBC.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for joining in at Scrapbook blessings Club. Love the purple, and your handmade flowers add just the right touch.
    Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just gorgeous! Thanks for playing at Scrapbook Blessings Club!
    -Brenda
    SBC DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a simple but elegant card Edwina. Love the colour palette and the fact that you made the sentiment, the focal point of the card. It is amazing how we all find peace in different things around us but it usually boils down to the little things. Thank you for sharing your thoughts on the subject and of course, thank you so much for joining us again this past month over on the Path of Positivity. May you always experience the incredible feeling that peace has to offer.

    Hugs,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh wow, how did I miss this gorgeous card Edwina??!! LOVE it. My computer is a li'l slow today, so as I saw this picture loading, I recognized that satin paper I created and I've never seen it so gorgeous on a card before!! Of course your flowers, butterflies and sentiment are just as lovely as can be too! Just BEAUTIFUL!!!

    ReplyDelete