Thursday, June 5, 2014

Happiness card


Hello, Today I made a card that means happiness to me. Happiness is found when you are content. Contentment comes from loving someone, keeping busy, and have hope in your life. If you lose love and hope you cannot be happy. Disabled people have managed to find happiness even though they cannot do things. They use their minds and are mentally active. Yet they still have hope and some even find true love after becoming disabled. Such a thing happened for my husband and myself. We only had 4 1/2 years together, but they were happy years. I took care of him 24/7 by myself. It was a labor of love. I still miss him. My happiness was full, in him. 

The digi I used is called "Daffodil Plants" by Fresh Brewed Designs. You can find it here http://www.freshbreweddesigns.com/category_122/Daffodil-and-Daisy.htm

The sentiment is by Lisa Decosse. I got it by joining her Path of Positivity challenge. You can find the challenge and sentiment here http://pathofpositivitychallenge.blogspot.com/.

Copics used are E000, E00, E01, R20- skin, E33, E37, E95- hair, BG11, BG13, BG15, BG18- teals, Y000, Y00, Y02, Y06- yellows, RV00, RV02, Y06- flowers, E11, E13, E15, E17, E18- flowerpot, E31, E33, E57, E59- cat, G40, G43, G46- grass, E43, E44- dirt, B21, B24, C1, C3- shovel.

The ribbon is by Little Yellow Bicycle.

The papers are by Bazzill- aqua, Recollections- yellow, Georgia Pacific- white.

The card is 5" x 5 1/2".

I am entering my card in:

The Path of Positivity happiness challenge- http://pathofpositivitychallenge.blogspot.com/

Thanks for dropping by. Have a happy day! Edwina 

6 comments:

  1. That is so true, Edwina, hugs my friend, my Husband of 21 years, is my carer, and I often think, he did not sign up for such a thing, but we laugh, we cry, and we get through, how the world works without people like you and he, is hard to fathom...I love this card and a beautiful sentiment, hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your sweet card. I am sorry for your loss and happy for the happiness you found while you had him in your life. Take care.
    Thanks for playing along at Path of Positivity.
    Crafty hugs,
    D~
    DesignsByDragonfly.blogspot
    Path of Positivity Guest Designer

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your words are so true! Having hope and love in your life is eternal happiness. Love how you used that pretty image, and with my fave colors, too! Thanks for playing in the Path of Positivity challenge this month.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Totally agree with Lisa's sentiment. This is so perfect for our HAPPINESS theme this month. Thanks for sharing your talent with us and good luck.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Path of Positivity DT Member}
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  5. Here, here Edwina! I couldn't have said it any better myself!!! Your card is a beautiful reflection of your internal feelings. I'm so sorry that your time with your husband was cut short. May the wonderful memories you have of him help to sustain you through the years ahead. Thank you for sharing this precious card and story with us over at the Path of Positivity.

    Big hugs,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete