Saturday, August 23, 2014

The Possibilities are endless card


The Possibilities are endless. Yes, they are. As I looked at this cute dog I thought about all the possibilities brought about by dogs. There are seeing eye dogs that help the blind get around and live on their own, service dogs that help veterans adjust back into life, epilepsy victims have dogs who tell them when they are getting ready to have a seizure so they can lie down on the floor in a safe spot, Dogs to help those who are deaf, handicap, depressed. There are dogs that go to nursing homes and cheer up the elderly. it gives them hope, courage, happiness and someone to love and the love is returned. Dogs go to the cancer center and visit those getting chemo. I have met a few of these dogs and their owners. They are wonderful both the dogs and the owners. The work they do give meaning to the lives of others. Yes, the possibilities are endless with these wonderful animals. 
Then there was a dog named Boy. He was solid white. Had a heart of gold. Love his family. He was loyal, smart, brave and true to the end. He learned not to chase and kill birds. Instead he became friend and protector of 4 children. Those children were my 3 brothers and myself. When boy was 2 my brother Christ told Tim, Let's see what boy will do if he thinks I am drowning. The boys were in a 10-12 foot deep creek. Boy went after Chris and nothing Chris said would make him let go till he had Chris on the bank. One night boy ran frantically back and forth from my Mom's bedroom window barking to the road till she came outside to see what was wrong. Our neighbors dog had got hit by a car. He knew my Mom could help it. When I had to wait on the bus at 6:30 am in the dark in Kentucky Boy came with me and sat on my feet till the bus came to a complete stop. He was keeping me safe. Vincent my youngest brother had to walk to school at age 7 by himself, but he was not alone. Boy walked him to school, turned around crossed the street with the crossing guard and went home. At 2:15 pm he went back to school and got my brother everyday even when the time changed he kept the time right. The crossing guard told my brother.  Wherever my brother went, that dog went with him and did not leave till my brother was ready to leave after school. I am thankful for that dog. Otherwise our lives may be very different. I may have been abducted and never heard from again when I was 15 years old, Vincent may have gotten hit by a car as he could not see good as a child. Our neighbors dog may have died. Yes, Dogs change lives and the possibilities are endless with these wonderful animals. 

Hello, Today I am using a digi by Scribbles Designs. You can either join in the Little Paws challenge here http://scribblesdesignschallenge.blogspot.com/2014/08/the-pitter-patter-of-little-paws.html to get it or go to the Scribbles designs store here http://buyscribblesdesigns.blogspot.com/.

Copics used are E50, E51, E53, E55, E57- dog, B000, B02, B04- tag, E40, E41, E43- bone.

Silver metallic Gelly Roll pen was used as the link for the tag.

The 2 black paw prints were made using pearls by Want 2 Scrap.

The sentiment is from Lisa Decosse at the Path of Positivity. You can get it by joining her challenges here http://pathofpositivitychallenge.blogspot.ca/.

The blue frame is by Lisa Decosse at Decosse's Dynamite Doodles. You can find it here http://decossesdynamitedoodles.blogspot.com/2014/08/im-sponsoringthe-outlawz-challenge-blog.html.

The papers are by Recollections- tan, Free Pretty Things and the Cottage Market put together a free paw print st. You can find them here http://www.freeprettythingsforyou.com/2014/06/free-paw-print-digital-paper-pack-part-2/.

The card is 4 1/4" x 5 1/2".

I am entering my card in:

Scribbles Designs pitter patter of little paws challenge-

Scribbles Designs animal planet challenge-

The Outlawz Greeting card challenge sentiment on the left and used DDD freebie-

Path of Positivity Possibilities challenge-

Thanks for dropping by. Have a wonderful day. Edwina

8 comments:

  1. Wow what a cute card!!!! just love the take on the possibilities challenge with this cutie and you are right they do bring so much joy and help all around the world. Fabulous card the dog looks 3d!!!!

    Thanks for joining our monthly challenge here at Path of Positivity challenge. Hope you will join us next time DT Crafting Vicky. I have a giveaway you need to check it out at 600 followers giveaway

    And thank you for entering both Scribbles challenges :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love dogs! love your card!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww - very cute Edwina! And perfect for the challenges you've entered!

    thanks for entering Path of Positivity & Scribbles Designs...

    Sandy S

    ReplyDelete
  4. Edwina, month after month your cards and your posts have inspired me. This month is no exception. I loved reading about Boy, and the wonderful possibilities his love and support gave you and your family. Thank you for playing again in the Path of Positivity challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is super cute! Love your colouring!

    Thank you for playing along with our Pitter Patter of little Paws at Scribbles!
    Nick

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lol, he is such a cute little doggie. This is so perfect for our POSSIBILITIES theme this month. Thanks for sharing your talent with us and good luck.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Path of Positivity DT Member}
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow Edwina. What a wonderfully touching dedication to Boy. I loved reading your sweet story and all about what pups can do in general. Yes, the possibilities are endless, aren't they. Thank you so much for using my frame and sentiment in such a special card.

    I guess I'm here with multiple hats on today. Thank you so much for participating in our special Pitter Patter of Little Paws challenge and I am glad to see that you also linked up to the Animal Planet challenge as well. You also worked it into our Possibilities challenge over on The Path of Positivity and I'm so grateful that you did. This was a perfect example for our theme this month.

    Good luck in all the draws!

    Hugs,
    Lisa

    ps. I've just added it to my gallery as well. *Ü*

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the card Edwina - and those little paw print embellishments. Thanks for joining in the challenges at Scribbles Designs.

    ReplyDelete