Monday, October 27, 2014

Courage card



Hello, Today I am using 2 digi sentiments on my card. I felt they went very well together. The belly band sentiment is a freebie to join in the Path of Positivity challenge. You can find it here http://pathofpositivitychallenge.blogspot.com. The inside sentiment is by Create with TLC. You can find it here http://www.artfire.com/ext/shop/home/CreateWithTLC.

Courage...
Courage can be found in many places and with all kinds of people. Look at the people you admire. Usually it is because they have courage. 
Today I am going to tell you about my Aunt Theresa. About 38 years ago she was diagnosed with Lupus  and a 3 other autoimmune disorders.  She was given 5 years to live. She is still living. Her pain level is unreal. She is cold all the time, Some days her body functions are out of control. Yet she keeps smiling and laughing. On top of all this her husband my Uncle is in the beginning stages of dementia. She never knows where he is going to end up being some days. I can hear her laugh and say something silly as I write this. How I wish I could smile and laugh in the face of illness and other worries as she dose. Her courage is great. She does not let this unseen enemy get her down and keep her down. She stands tall all of 5' 2" and keeps on going on holding her head up, dressed in high heels and her hat to protect her skin.

 This card I made today is going to my Aunt Theresa. 

The die cuts were made using a Spellbinders die called Lacy Ovals.

the border was made using a Martha Stewart border punch called Arch Lattice.

The papers are by My Minds Eye- prints, Bazzill- blue, Recollections- white for card base, Georgia Pacific- white for die cuts.

The card is 6" x 12" opened up. Folded it is 4" x 6".

I am entering my card in:

The Path of Positivity Courage challenge-

The Outlawz Greeting card challenge anything goes-

Thanks for dropping by. Have a wonderful day! Edwina

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful card. I love your quote inside. This is a perfect entry for our Courage Theme over at PoP.
    Thanks for playing in our challenge!
    ♥ Monica

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your double gatefold card. And I'm sure your aunt will love it as well! Thanks for playing again in the Path of Positivity challenge this month.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful creation with such a lovely fold. This is so perfect for our COURAGE theme this month. Thanks for sharing your talent with us and good luck.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Path of Positivity DT Member}
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete