Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Fresh Brewed Designs Christmas Challenge Reminder

Hello, Today I am sharing with you two creations using the new "The Nutcracker" digi by Fresh Brewed Designs. You can find it here http://www.freshbreweddesigns.com/category_11/Christmas.htm.

I made a gift box in the shape of a drum and a napkin ring.


Nutcracker gift box, front view. Above photo.

The lid of the box, below.



Side view of the box. Above Photo.



Nutcracker napkin ring. above photo.

Side view of napkin ring. Below photo.


Nutcrackers on box. 
Copics used are E000, E00, E01- skin, C1, C3, C5, C7,C10- gray hair, beard, mustache, W1, W3, W5, W7, W10- warm gray beard, mustache, hair, E23, E25, E27, E29- brown hair, mustache, beard, C3, C5, C7, C10- belt and shoes, E31, E33, E35, E37- eyes, Y21, Y23, Y26, Y28- gold trim on outfit, B000, B12, B14, B16, B18, R32, R35, R37- blue uniform, YG41, G03, G05, G07, G28,R29, R35, R59- green uniform, R32, R35, R37, R29, B12, B14, B16- red uniform. 

Nutcracker Napkin Ring
Copics used are Copics used are E000, E00, E01- skin, C1, C3, C5, C7,C10- gray hair, beard, mustache, W1, W3, W5, W7, W10- warm gray beard, mustache, hair, E23, E25, E27, E29- brown hair, mustache, beard, C3, C5, C7, C10- belt and shoes, E31, E33, E35, E37- eyes, Y21, Y23, Y26, Y28- gold trim on outfit, BG000, BG01, BG05, BG07, BG09, R20, R22, R24.

Silver Stardust Gelly Roll Pen was used on the belt buckles.

The Nutcracker with white hair, mustache, and beard has Snow Flocking on it be Recollections.

I made the box using card stock, coasters from Chili's, Spellbinders Classic Circle dies- the 2 largest, acetate, ribbons, and score tape. The sentiment is my own. 

The napkin ring was made using one of the empty rolls from Glue Dots. I wrapped ribbon around it over lapping each section as I went. I attached the Nutcracker to acetate 3/4 of the way up him sticking beyond his feet 1 1/2". I then folded the Acetate in a right angle adhered it to the napkin ring when I still had about 1 1/2" left to wrap ribbon on. I preceded to wrap the ribbon on it making sure I wrapped the last 3/4" of the section with the acetate too. I then made sure the fold in the acetate was correct for the Nutcracker to stand up. You may need to work a little with this. 

My Nutcrackers are 4 1/4" tall.

The ribbons on the box are by Really Reasonable Ribbon. You can find them here http://www.reasonableribbon.com/.

The 1 yard of ribbon on the napkin ring is recycled from a store package.

The card stocks are by Recollections- red, Georgia Pacific- white.

I made these as gifts for my Pop who loves Nutcrackers. 

Thanks for dropping by. Be sure to stop by The Fresh Brewed Designs Challenge blog and join in the Christmas Challenge. You can find the challenge blog here http://freshbreweddesigns.blogspot.com/.

I am entering my creations in:

The Outlawz Friday Coloring Challenge gifts or gift packaging-

613 Avenue Create gift packaging-

Scrapbook Blessings Anything Goes Happy Holidays


Have a Merry Christmas! Edwina


2 comments:

  1. Edwina! These projects are gorgeous! Love the bright colors and your shading is amazing. What a fun gift box and those little nutcracker napkin rings would definitely add lots of festive fun to any table setting! Great work my sweet friend!

    HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautifully crafted, Edwina! Your designs are delightful and so very creative! Who doesn't love The Nutcracker? Thanks so much for playing our Twist this week here at 613 Avenue Create.
    Hugz,
    Chana Malkah, Owner

    ReplyDelete