Monday, December 8, 2014

Have Faith card



Close Up of Sentiment.

Hello,  Faith is believing with all your heart that it will come true. "There is no greater faith than that of a little child" I have proven this. When I was a child about 10-11 years old There was a flood in Kentucky where I lived. My real Dad, my 3 brothers ages 9, 7, and 2 and I had been visiting my Dad's family. When we came home Knob Creek was like a rushing river. It was 3 times its width and around 3-4 feet deep. My Dad decided to try going through it in my Mom's little car. The car stalled middle ways. None of us could swim. I was praying with all my might that God would help the car to start and get us safely to land. I had no doubt that God would do this. After several minutes the car started again and we got safely home. I have no doubt that God started that car. There was no reason a muddy water logged engine should start again. I was so very thankful. My Dad asked me if I had been praying. I told him "Yes." He said he knew it because that car would not have stared if I had not. My Dad was scared we were all going to drown. I think of this and another time my faith in God kept my whole school safe because of my belief in God. God has proven to me over and over he hears me. I know my faith was much stronger as a child. I wish I could face the things of my adult life with the same faith. How much easier it would be to bare the hard times. I know God does not always answer the way we want, but he does answer and keep us safe.

I am using a digi by Creative Bug on the Loose called "Giving Thanks." You can find it here http://www.creativebugdigis.com/indexold.html

The sentiment is by Lisa Decosse. You can get it by joining her Path Of Positivity challenges here Path of Positivity Challenge.

Copics used are E000, E000, E01, R20- skin, E37, E95, E97, E99- hair, RV63, Rv66- ponytail holders, RV63, RV66, RV69- shirt and socks, B91, B93, B95, B97- pants, E70, E71, E74, E77, Y28- shoes, W00, W1, W3, W5, W7- tree, G20, G24, YG93, Yg95- ground, YR00, YR21, YR24, YR27, E99, Y13- leaves.

The flowers are by Wild Orchid Crafts.

The leaves are from a bunch I got at Michael's.

The gem flourishes are by Recollections.

The die cut was made using a Spellbinders die called Labels Eight. I inked the edges with an olive ink pad by Studio g.

Papers are by Recollections- blue, Bazzill- green, Georgia Pacific- white.

The card is 4 1.4" x 5 1/2".

I am entering my card in:

The Path of Positivity Faith challenge

Thanks for dropping by. Have a good day! Edwina

4 comments:

  1. Thank You for sharing a little something about your childhood. That had to be one scary experience and I'm glad you made it through. This post really touched me and the card is great.

    Michelle (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow Edwina. Not only is your card beautiful but your story of faith is heart warming and powerful. Thank you for sharing it with us over at The Path of Positivity. Faith can mean many things to many people. The important thing is that we never give up having faith. It can be extremely difficult at times, but it will carry us through.

    Hugs,
    ☺ Lisa D.
    Décosse’s Dynamite Doodles – My personal Blog!
    Owner of the Path of Positivity Challenge!
    Co-coordinator for The 12 Months of Christmas Link Up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Edwina, your card is so very pretty-I love easel cards! However, I love your personal faith story that you have shared with us. The world would be a better place for us all if we only relied on the faith that kept us safe and serene when we were children. Thanks for playing in the Path of Positivity challenge this month.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Edwina this is a gorgeous easel design, so beautifully coloured with a wonderful message. This is so perfect for our FAITH theme this month. Thanks for sharing your talent with us and good luck.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Path of Positivity DT Member}
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete