Thursday, January 15, 2015

Every Day is a New Beginning Scrapbook Layout


Hello, This scrapbook page surprised me when I made it. It just came as I worked. I intended to make a card with this digi, but I like for an image to tell me what it wants. No I am not crazy,. Artist let the canvas speak to them. It is their own unique way of doing things. We are all unique in one way or another. We all have gifts that we are blessed with at birth or later in life when we need them. It is never too late to try something new and stand for what you believe in. I mostly like realism, but their are times I  can enjoy contemporary art as well. Being unique is the ability to adjust and be yourself. That does not mean we do not change. It means we grow while staying true to ourselves. 

I have a friend named Lisa. I have never met her in real life. For 2 years we have talked back and forth on the computer. She is unique. She loves art of many kinds and is willing to try something even though the times seem against her right now. She works at succeeding and spends many hours at the computer. Her art is beautiful.Some I like better than others, yet I feel she is right there with the best designers out there. I know she will succeed. Why, because she is unique. She will not give up. She will search out and find a way. Her drive is leave behind better than what was here before. Being Unique is good. What are your unique ways, all your own? We are all known for what is our unique ways and thoughts. 

 Today I am using a digi by Dragon's Lair. You can find it here http://dragonslairdesigns.com/shop/.

The title sentiment is by Hannelie at Desert Divas. You can find it here http://desertdiva-hannelie.blogspot.com/2015/01/every-day-is-new-beginning.html. This sentiment is a freebie. Please say Thank you if you get it. 

The "You are Unique" sentiment is by Lisa Decosse. I got it by joining the Path of Positivity challenge. You can find Lisa's blog Decosse's Dynamite Doodles here http://decossesdynamitedoodles.blogspot.com/. You can find The Path of Positivity here http://pathofpositivitychallenge.blogspot.ca/.

The verse about the dragon is mine own. Please do not use it. You need mine and the Dragon Lair's owner's permission to use it. The names of the characters are her's.

The middle sentiment I got on a group I belong to. I do not know whose quote it is.

Copics used are E000, E00, E01, R20- fairy's skin, E31, E33, E37- hair, RV10, RV13- lips, BG000, BG01, BG05, BG07, BG09- outfit, BG0000, BG000, BG00, BG02- wings, YG00, YG01, YG03, YG05, YG07- dragon, E50, E51, E53, E55, E57, E59- wood and wicker of bassinet, B0000, B000, B00, B02- cloth on bassinet.

The journaling card I made in word. 

The papers are by Recollections- blue, yellow, green and plaid, Georgia Pacific- white.

The scrapbook layout is 12" x 12".

I am entering my layout in:

Dragon's Lair new beginning challenge- http://stampingwithdragon.blogspot.co.uk/

Dragon Lair's Facebook challenge- https://www.facebook.com/groups/636646656454888/

Path of Positivity unique challenge- http://pathofpositivitychallenge.blogspot.ca/

Thanks for dropping by. Have a wonderful day! Edwina




7 comments:

  1. Very nice scrapbook layout and thoughtful post, thank you for joining in with the Dragon's Lair Design Challenge - Vanessa DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for sharing the link Edwina! This looks fabulous!
    Thanks so much for you support! i appreciate it.
    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love coming to your blog, Edwina, to see not only what you've created but what you've written. You are always a welcome addition to the challenges at the Path of Positivity challenge blog. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. lovely colours on your scrap book page, thanks for joining the dragons lair design challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Edwina this is just such a stunning page design and for such a special person too. This is so perfect for our UNIQUENESS theme this month. Thanks for sharing your talent with us and good luck.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Path of Positivity DT Member}
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  6. This still makes me smile, I love it....thank you so much for entering it for the Dragons Lair Design Challenge... Sarah DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great creation Edwina. I really like that you admit that that you like the image to tell you what it wants. Not too many people brave enough to do so. I also like what you said about being unique. Wonderful words of inspiration.

    Your friend is very lucky to have someone like you in her corner and in her life!

    As always, thank you so very much for being part of The Path of Positivity. It just wouldn't be the same without you!

    Hugs,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete