Saturday, March 14, 2015

Outlawz Paper a la mode Guest Designer 03/14/2015


Hello, Today I am a guest designer for the Outlawz Paper a la mode Saturday challenges. You can find the challenge here http://outlawzchallenges.ning.com/group/saturday-paper-a-la-mode. The theme is homemade background papers. I am to share how I make my paper as this is the theme this week. 

I save all my scraps of card stock and designer papers from 1/16" on up. When I cut out dies or punch out items I cut off the pieces left, so I have all these thin stripes of paper and triangles that fill 3 shoe boxes and overflowing. I had seen someone do this for accent pieces a long time ago, so I thought why not a whole background for a card. Sometimes I just grab a handful and use whatever I get. Other times I go through and get certain colors. On this card I pulled things I thought would look good with my digi once it was colored.

Cut a piece of white card stock the size you want your card. Mine is 5" x 6 1/2". Add adhesive ATG runner) all around the 4 sides of the card base making sure to get along the edges. I then added 3 stripes of the adhesive running the long ways inside the other adhesive stripes. Basically every 1" there is adhesive. 
Now place your first stripe of paper going from the bottom left corner at a slant about 1 1/2" over on the top. Pressed down so it stays in place. Keep adding stripes of paper as the colors please you until you get to the corner and use one of those triangles you have. or keep going with the stripes of paper. Make sure to go from here and add stripes of paper to the other side where you started. Your card base should be covered.
 There will be overhang. Get your scissors and cut the overhang off by looking at the bottom of the card base and cutting along its edge. Once the overhang is cut off you are ready to make your card. 

The digi I am using is by Graphics Fairy. You can find it here http://thegraphicsfairy.com/vintage-flying-goddess-lady-image/.

Copics used are E000, E00, E01, R20- skin, E37, E95, E97, E99- hair, B0000, B000, B01, B02, B05- clothing, Y21, Y23, Y26, Y28- frame, R22, R35- flowers, YG03, YG93- leaves.

The lace, ribbons, and ric rac come from Really Reasonable Ribbon. You can find it here http://www.reasonableribbon.com/.

The card is 5" x 6 1/2".

Thanks for dropping by. Be sure to come by and join the Outlawz so you can join in the fun challenges there. We would love to see you your creations there. The Paper a la mode challenge can be found here http://outlawzchallenges.ning.com/group/saturday-paper-a-la-mode.

Have a wonderful day! Edwina

No comments:

Post a Comment