Saturday, March 14, 2015

Serendipity card


Hello, Serendipity is unexpected joy or event.
 I love this image and the sentiment together. When I read this sentiment I thought it needed a special image to go with it. I had just gotten this image and as I thought about the verse I kept seeing the image and sentiment together. Here is a case of the art telling the artist what to do. 
Serendipity is what happens every time we create something in art. I never know for sure how it will turn out. I just start with no plan in mind. It happens. Most of the time it brings me great joy. When it does I know it will also bring joy to others, because they will receive unexpected mail that is happy mail. 

 I am using a digi by Lacy Sunshine called  "Alissadra Carnivale Enchantress." You can find her here http://lacysunshine.weebly.com/store/p1392/Alissandra_Carnivale_Enchantress.html.

Copics used are E000, E00, E01, R20- skin, RV10, RV13- lips, YG00, YG03, YG07, G28- eyes, E21, E23, E25, E27, E29- hair, BG10, BG11, BG13, BG15, BG18- outfit.

Gelly Roll Pens used are Gold Metallic and Green Stardust.

The gems are by Bo Bunny.

The gold mesh behind the sentiment was given to me in a RAK. I have never used it before. I love the effect on this card.

The sentiment is from Lisa Decosse of Decosse's Dynamite Doodles. http://decossesdynamitedoodles.blogspot.com/  She wrote it for the Path of Positivity challenge. http://pathofpositivitychallenge.blogspot.ca/.

The die cut was made using a Spellbinders die called Lattice Rectangles.

The embossing was done using an embossing folder by Darice called Damask.

The papers are by Recollections- aqua, DCWV- gold shimmer, Georgia Pacific- white.

The card is 5" x 6 1/2".

I am entering my card in:

Lacy Sunshine passion for fashion-

Path of Positivity- Serendipity challenge-

Thanks for dropping by. Have a wonderful day! Edwina



5 comments:

  1. Very pretty card. Thanks for joining our challenge at Lacy Sunshine. Hugs, Lene

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely gorgeous, Edwina. I love it, and thank you for playing in the Path of Positivity challenge blog this month!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful job Edwina. That image is stunning and pairs so nicely with the sentiment. Wonderful take on the concept of serendipity.

    Thank you so much for joining us for Challenge #24 over on the Path of Positivity. Good luck in the draw!

    Hugs,
    ☺ Lisa D.
    Path of Positivity – My Challenge Blog!
    Décosse’s Dynamite Doodles – My Personal Blog!
    Co-coordinator for The 12 Months of Christmas Link Up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks a lot for your vote and your comment at Path of Positivity.
    I must say that your definition of serendipity exactly describes my crafting, too - the outcome is sometimes very, very different from the idea I had in mind when I started working on a project.
    Time for me to check out the participants and vote, too.

    Hugs,
    Veronika

    ReplyDelete