Monday, April 6, 2015

#1 Best friend card


Hello, Today at Dragon's Lair Facebook challenge we are to follow the theme of 1(one) on our creation. We had to chose one digi and one digital paper set from Dragon's Lair. I am using the "Simply Soft Hat Lady 1" and one of the floral digital papers from "Pansy Collection Papers". You can find them here http://dragonslairdesigns.com/shop/

We are to tell how we made our card and what we used. 
Dragon's Lair- Simply Soft Hat Lady #1 digi stamp
Dragon's Lair Pansy Collection Digital paper
Supplies, Georgia Pacific white card stock- paper
Copics- coloring medium
Spellbinders Labels Four die
Darice Stripe Background Embossing Folder
Green ribbon by Really Reasonable Ribbon 
1 butterfly embellishment by Prima
1 sentiment I typed and printed off
ATG runner- adhesive
Fiskars paper trimmer
Sue Bee Scissors

First I printed off the digi and cut it out with my Spellbinders die. I then colored it with Copics. Copics used are E000, E00, E01, R20- skin, E21, E23, E35, E27, E29- hair, RV10, RV13, E04- lips, YG93, G20, G94, G99- green on hat, RV000, RV63, RV66, RV69- hatband and flower on hat.



Next I colored my white card stock to form a frame for the floral paper and also a piece to go around the sentiment.  I used Copics RV66 for the larger section and RV69 for the sentiment piece.



I embossed a piece of whit card stock measuring 5" x 1 1/2" to go along the bottom of my card. I then adhered it all together using my ATG runner.



Now it is time to choose the embellishments. I decided on ribbon and a butterfly embellishment. Remember we can only use one piece of ribbon. I tied the bow in my ribbon then cut it so there was a long enough end to go across my card. I ran the ATG runner along the back of the 2 end pieces to attach it to my card.



Here is the finished card. 


I am entering my card in:

Dragon's Lair Facebook use 1 challenge-

Thanks for dropping by. Have a happy day! Edwina

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful card! Wonderful colors and your coloring is amazing. Love the butterfly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely quite hard trying to do something and remembering to photo each step x

    ReplyDelete