Thursday, April 23, 2015

A Man's growth is seen... Card


I don't know about you, but my friends have changed through the years. In school I had a set of friends who lived close to me from the first grade to the 10th grade till we moved to Georgia. Then I started babysitting in Georgia and my friends were the kids I took care of and their parents and the folks at church. I finally met my husband in 1995 and he became my best friend. My husband died in 1999. It was very hard on me. 

Then I moved to New Jersey as I had to move in with my Mom because I was falling when I would pass out. I made new friends here. Friends at church who I dearly love. I was introduced to making cards and scrap-booking by some of them. They have moved away now. 

Then I started blogging and joined design teams. That opened up a who new set of friends. Many who will be friends for a long long time and some who will be forever friends.

 I feel like that I have moved along from chair to chair like in the children's game of musical chairs. Each new friendship changing my life and some enriching my life. I have found some precious treasures along the way. I am very thankful to all my friends especially those who have helped me grow along the way. To learn and become better than I was before I met them.

 Today I am using a Dearie Dolls digi. You can find it here http://freedeariedollsdigistamps.blogspot.com/. If you take any of Mary Ellen's digis please say thank you. 

The sentiment is from the Path of Positivity. You can find it here http://pathofpositivitychallenge.blogspot.ca/2015/04/challenge-25-growth-april-6th-may-3rd.html. Please join in if you take the sentiment or say thank you to Lisa Decosse. 

Copics used are G20, G24, G94, G99, C5, C7, C10, E41,E43, E44, E47- chair, B000, B01, G03, Y17, RV13- doilies, E000, E0o, E01, R20- skin, E21, E23, E25, E27, E29- hair, BV20, blender- collar, RV10, RV13, RV21, RV23- dress, bow, socks, W1, W3, W5, W7, W10- shoes, C00, C1, C3, C5, R20- gray cat, YR21, YR24, Y11, Y21, R20- gold cat, B000, B01, B05, R29- his collar and tag, E11, E13, E15, E17, R20- reddish brown cat, BG000, BG01, BG05- cat's bow.

The die cut for the sentiment was made using a Spellbinders die called Scalloped Labels One.

The doily has an embossed floral design on it, and an embossed scalloped border. I got it at a tea room.

The papers are by Recollections- Kraft paper, Georgia Pacific- white, Decosse's Dynamite Doodles digital paper- Aqua from the Holiday Hoopla Textured paper set. You can find it here http://decossesdynamitedoodles.blogspot.com/p/blog-page_26.html.

My card is 5" x 6 1/2".

I am entering my card in:

The Path of Positivity growth challenge-

Scrapbook Blessings Club Monthly challenge use pink, white, and green-

Thanks for dropping by. Have a wonderful day! Edwina

6 comments:

  1. What a beautiful post Edwina. Love your story on the growth and development of friends throughout your lifetime. I'm truly blessed to call you one, myself.

    Thanks so much for entering it into our current challenge over on the Path of Positivity. It is always wonderful to have you join in. Good luck in the draw.

    Hugs,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic story to relate to your card, Edwina! :^)
    And what a darling card it is! Love the fun image, scene, coloring, and fab sentiment! Thanks so much for sharing this with us at Path Of Positivity! :^)
    Hugs, Penny

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful blog post, Edwina! You are a sweet person! Your card is adorable - it caught my eye on my blog feed - I'm a cat lover! Wonderful card and blog post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing your story and your beautiful card with us at SBC this month.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always love coming to your blog for not only your lovely creations but your words of insight. I hope you count me as one of those forever friends, Edwina! Thank you for joining us at the Path of Positivity challenge blog today!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Edwina, this is gorgeous coloured and I love the wording.
    This is so perfect for our GROWTH theme this month. Thanks for sharing your talent with us and good luck.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Path of Positivity DT Member}
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete