Friday, April 17, 2015

Happy Anniversary Card


Hello, Today I made a card using Dragon Lair Designs papers and digi. The paper sets used are called "Pansy Collection"- in the store, and "Thank You Collection"- Facebook Freebie. The digi is called "Kissing Couple"- in the store. You can find the Dragon's Lair Designs Store here http://dragonslairdesigns.com/shop/.

I chose 2 papers from each set of digital Collections. I printed them off. Then I printed the digi off on the one paper. I forgot to change my printer back to color so I ended up with a gray/black image. 
Hmmm... I have an idea. 

I then printed it off in color this time. used my Spellbinders Heart die and cut out the upper portion of the colored digital image. This is so I could highlight this section of the image. I then glued the heart to the speckled paper and cut around it. My Spellbinders next size heart was too big. then I added foam squares to the back to pop up the image.  Now set it aside for now.

Cut out a square of the deepest paper4' x 3 7/8". Now cut out a square 3 3/4" x 3 5/8" in the speckled paper. Glue the Speckled paper to the deep colored paper. Now glue the gray/black image to the speckled paper.

Cut out a rectangles of the deep colored paper measuring 6 1/4" x 2 1/4" Cut out a piece of the floral paper from the Thank you set at 6" x 2". Glue the floral onto the deep colored paper. Set aside. 

Cut a piece of the paper from the Pansy Collection at 6 1/2" x 5" for your background. Glue it to the card base. Now add the 6 1/4" strip onto the left side. 

Adhere the square with the image to your card. Remove the covering from the foam squares on the heart. place onto the other image on your card making sure that the images match up. 

Print off a sentiment. Cut it out and adhere it to the deep colored paper. Then cut out a flag shape by hand with your scissors.  Adhere to you card.

The card is 6 1/2" x 5".

I am entering my card in:

Dragon's Lair Facebook Challenge little extra fun for 2-

Thanks for dropping by. Have a wonderful day! Edwina





No comments:

Post a Comment