Wednesday, July 15, 2015

12 Months of Christmas Link Up Challenge #7 midway post Ornaments 07/15/2015


The 12 Months of Christmas is having a DT call. If you are interested  click on the link below.

Hello, Today is the midway post for the July ornaments challenge at The 12 Months of Christmas Challenge. I am using the digi "Christmas Ornaments" by Robyn's Fetish. Our sponsor this month is Robyn's Fetish. The winner gets 3 digital stamps of their choice from the Robyn's Fetish Store. You can find the Robyn's Fetish Challenge blog here  http://robynsfetishchallengeblog.blogspot.ca/. You can find the Robyn's Fetish Store here http://robynsfetish.com/shop

I am using Decosse's Dynamite Doodles digital Christmas papers on my cards. The ornaments are paper pieced using the "It's Ornamental" digital paper set.  The deep red and deep green are from the "Grungy Christmas" set and the Ornament and pine frame papers are from the "12 Months of Christmas" paper set. The sentiments I used are by Lisa Decosse too called "Happy Holidays " and "Holiday Hoopla."  You can can find these sets here http://decossesdynamitedoodles.blogspot.com/p/blog-page_26.html


I used the background of the Blue Ball Ornament paper to paper piece the ornaments. I then added Glossy Accents to the heart and star. Once they were dry I added iridescent glitter glue to the ornaments. Once dry I glued them onto the white card stock with the printed image on it. I then outlined the hooks in Silver Stardust Gelly Roll Pen as well as the sentiment. 

The die cuts were made using Spellbinders Labels Eight for the image and Darice called Nesting Rectangles. I used Silver Metallic Gelly Roll Pen for the stitching around the image die cut.

The bows were made using ribbon from The Great American Ribbon Company a local store here. 

The lace is by Prima. The ric rac is from Michaels. 

The card is 5 1/2" x 5".



I paper pieced the ornaments using the background paper of the Silver Ball paper and the ribbon of it for the heart. The star and ornament top are from the background of the Gold Ball paper. I oulined the ornaments and colored in the high light area of the left ornament with a Clear Stardust Gelly Roll Pen.

I added Iridescent Glitter Glue to the heart and star.

The left ornament is popped up with foam squares.

The die cut was cut out using a Darice die called Nesting Rectangles. I inked the die cut with a red chalk ink pad by Studio g. The sentiment is popped up.

I drew in the hooks trying to keep them as close as possible as the orginal ones of the image using a Silver Stardust Gelly Roll Pen.

I used the Clear Stardust Gelly Roll Pen to draw a flourish all around the card on the green card stock.

The card is 5 5/8" x 5 5/8".

Thanks for dropping by. Be sure to stop by The 12 Months of Christmas Challenge and join in the fun. You can find the challenge blog here http://12monthsofchristmaslinkup.blogspot.ca/.

Have a Happy Day! Edwina



4 comments:

  1. Both are very pretty Edwina! I especially love the 2nd one - the ornaments look like they're twinkling :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Edwina! Your cards are so sweet - I just love Christmas!!! Thanks for sharing and inspiring! I found you at The Outlawz, and I'm your newest follower! Hope you will follow my blog, as well! http://cherisheachpreciousday.blogspot.com Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. As always love your cards. Want to check and see how you are doing been a little worried. You have not been around much so that makes me worry even more. I hope you take care of yourself. Send lots of hugs.
    Pat♥

    ReplyDelete