Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Birthday Card


Hello, Today I am using a Digi Stamps 4 Joy digi called "March 2016 Art Deco Beauty." I got it by joining the progressive Freebie challenge on the DS4J Facebook group. You can find the group here https://www.facebook.com/groups/636935063114458/. This is a closed group so you will need to ask to join it.

Copics used are BG000, BG01, BG02, BG05, BG07, BG09.

The iridescent glitter is by by Recollections. I applied it by adding mod podge to the butterfly first. Once dry I added foam tape to the back on the wings and on the other parts I added a double layer so the wings would like like they were flying. The body is glued right to the card.

The embossing was done using an embossing folder called D'vine Swirls by Cuttlebug. I first Spritzed the white cardstock with Silver Shimmer Mist. I then inked the embossing folder with a teal ink pad and then a blue over the teal. I embossed the paper while the shimmer mist was still damp. This created a lovely look but not dark enough so I ran both ink pads over the design. Once the card stock was dry I then cut it to the size needed and matted it for my card.

The papers are by Recollections- blue, Georgia Pacific- white, Imagine That!- digital print from Spring In Bloom set- http://www.imaginethatdigistamp.com/store/c1/Featured_Products.html.

The card is 5" x 6 1/2". 

I am entering my card in:

DS4J animals challenge-

The Outlawz Monday Greeting Card challenge monochromatic-

Thanks for dropping by. Have a Happy Day! Edwina





5 comments:

  1. Just love how you used the butterfly on this card. The 3D effect is just perfect. Hugs, Ursula

    ReplyDelete
  2. Edwina this is very beautiful
    Thanks for join us at
    {Digistamps4Joy DT Member}
    Hope to see you again and goodluck

    Karin

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lovely card, thanks for sharing with Digistamps4Joy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! I love the butterfly! Thanks for playing with Digistamps4joy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Edwina this is so pretty! Great work, well done and good luck!
    Hugs, Jackie
    Digistamps4Joy.DT
    Member

    ReplyDelete