Thursday, May 19, 2016

Guest Designer for The Outlawz Twisted Thursday Challenge Flowers 5/19/2016

Hello, Today I am a guest designer on The Outlawz Twisted Thursday Challenge. The twist this week is Flowers. You can find the Twisted Thursday challenge here http://outlawzchallenges.ning.com/group/prismaandothermediums.

I am using a digi set called "MHK Designs Butterfly". You can find it in the MHK Designs Store here https://www.etsy.com/shop/mhkdesigns?page=1.

I have 2 cards and a double sided tag to share with you today.



Copics used are B000, B01, B02, B05. 

I colored 2 each of the 3 sizes I made. I bent the wings on one of each size and glued the body to the body of the other butterfly of the same size. I placed foam tape on the wings right past the bend on the back of them so the wings would stay in place. 

The flowers were cut out using a Spellbinders die called Scalloped Circles. I then hand cut out some leaves and drew in veins with a Copic marker and glued them to the edge of the flowers.

The shaker items are sequins- flowers, leaves, hexagon, stars, seed beads, and tinsel. I mixed it up myself.

The papers are by Georgia Pacific- white, Recollections- green, blue, orange.

The card is 5" x 6 1/2".



Copics used are Y000, Y00, Y11, Y15, YR21.

I colored 2 each of the 3 sizes I made. I bent the wings on one of each size and glued the body to the body of the other butterfly of the same size. I placed foam tape on the wings right past the bend on the back of them so the wings would stay in place. 

The sentiment is by create with TLC. You can find it here http://icraftgifts.com/digital-creations-with-tlc.

The pearls trim I got from Mon Ami Gabby.

The large flower is homemade. I used Spellbinders die Scalloped Circles. I cut out every one of the sizes. I cut between each scallop.  Then shaped the flower. I then spritzed the flower with Red Rouge Shimmer Mist by ART-C. Once dry I added a sunflower pearl to the center. To attach the flower to the card I added foam dots stacked to support the center and added outer about middle ways between the center of the flower and the edge of it.  It makes me think of a Zinna. 

While I was spraying the shimmer mist I sprayed a piece of white card stock too. I used it on the card for matting. 

The ribbon is by Really Reasonable Ribbon. You can find it here http://www.reasonableribbon.com/.

The papers are by Recollections- olive, light olive, Far Far Hills- digital floral print- http://farfarhill.blogspot.com/Georgia Pacific- white, Coral shimmer- homemade.

The card is 4 1/2" x4 3/4".



This is a double sided tag. The above photo is the front. The photo below is the back. This is a decoration.


Copics used are Y000, Y00, Y11, Y15, YR21.

I colored 2 each of the 3 sizes I made. I bent the wings on one of each size and glued the body to the body of the other butterfly of the same size. I placed foam tape on the wings right past the bend on the back of them so the wings would stay in place. 

The sentiment is by create with TLC on the back of the tag. You can find it here http://icraftgifts.com/digital-creations-with-tlc

The flowers are homemade. I used Spellbinders die Scalloped Circles. I cut out every one of the sizes. Some I cut more than once. I cut between each scallop.  Then shaped the flower. I then spritzed the flower with Red Rouge Shimmer Mist by ART-C. Once dry I added  clear dew drops to the centers. To attach the flowers to the tag I used craft Glue Dots on them. One on the smaller flowers and 4 on the large flower.  

The flourishes are made with a Spellbinders die called Floral Flourishes.

The ribbons and 1/2" wide white lace are by Really Reasonable Ribbon. You can find it here http://www.reasonableribbon.com/.

The cream and rosey ivory lace at the bottom of the tag were gifted to me by my sister in law. They came from a thrift store.

The sequin trim is from Mon Ami Gabby.

The pale pink pearls are from Want 2 Scrap.

The pink and clear dew drops are from Lori's Lovely Papercrafting store https://www.facebook.com/lorislovelypapercarft/photos_stream?ref=page_internal&__mref=message_bubble

The papers are by Recollections- light olive, Far Far Hills- digital floral print- http://farfarhill.blogspot.com/Georgia Pacific- white, Coral shimmer- homemade.

The tag is 4" x 7" actual tag, plus 2 1/4" for the lace, so 9 1/4" long.

Thanks for dropping by. Be sure to stop in at The Outlawz and join in their challenges. The Twisted Thursday challenge can be found here http://outlawzchallenges.ning.com/group/prismaandothermediums.

Have a happy day! Edwina

4 comments:

  1. Just gorgeous! Love all your creations, the butterflies are so beautiful love how you cut them out and shaped them. The shaker part of the card is wonderful with all the sequins looks so pretty, love all the colors and the sentiment. Your awesome pink flower with the butterflies and love the 3D effect of the easel card and I love TLC sentiments. How fun are your tags so beautiful you really out done yourself. Thanks so much for being our guest designer.
    Hugs Pat

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous pieces, Edwina. I love the flower you made yourself,the tag is beautiful, and I love shaker cards. We love having you as a guest designer over at Twisted Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are gorgeous creations, Edwina! Thank you so much for sharing your talents with us over at the Outlawz Twisted Thursday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What fabulous creations, Edwina! You always amaze me with your creativity!

    ReplyDelete