Friday, May 27, 2016

Recycle a can, coffee filters, and dying flowers






Hello, Today I am sharing a recycled project I made. I recycled a peach can, coffee filters, and dying flowers from an arrangement of lilacs and lilies. 

I washed my can with soap and water. Then let it dry. Once dry I covered the cut edge with 2 layers of white floral ribbon. Then I covered that with a wine satin ribbon. Then I placed my card stock one the can. I used K and Co. ribbon around the top and bottom of the can. Then I used a lace on the top allowing the scalloped edge to go over the top edge of the can. Then I adhered an iridescent pearl trim in loops around the can. Last I adhered the flowers and leaves.

Mom was given a flower arrangement by our neighbor. I asked her when the flowers were dying if i could have them. i noticed the lilacs were drying a nice shade of yellow and purple. The lilies a deep red. Some of the leaves turned a light tan. I removed the flowers and what leaves I wanted. I placed them on napkins to dry. I let them dry about a month. Then I crumbled the flowers up and the leaves. The lilacs did best. I used the white lilac flower soft in the center of my large flowers. The white turned a light yellow with bits of green in it.

My Pop drinks coffee by the pot full it seems like. I decided to try saving the,. I rinsed them off and laid them out to dry. I used around 7-10 coffee filters for my flowers. I punched out the largest flowers using a Stampin Up 2" flower punch and cut out scallops for the small flowers. Depending on your filter size how many you can cut out. I was able to get 3 large flowers and 4 small out of mine. I then used a brad to hold my 7 layers of flowers together. I scrunched up my flower petals layer by layer around the tiny brad. then I light pulled them back shaping a flower. Once I had a shape I liked I spritzed the flowers with Dylusions Funky Fuchsia spray ink. Once dry I glued some flower soft into the center of the large flowers. Then I adhered the flowers to my can adding leaves cut from a candle ring.

The card stock is by Georgia Pacific- white. The print is digital by Neia Scraps.

I am entering my can in:

The Outlawz Twisted Thursday anything goes challenge-

Thanks for dropping by. Have a wonderful day! Edwina


1 comment:

  1. Your project turned out gorgeous and I'm so glad you shared it with us. Your flowers are amazing and I love the colors and the flower soft for the center looks wonderful. I just got some of that Dylusions Fuchsia spray and now I can not wait to try it such a pretty color. Love the lace you added to the top part looks so elegant. Thanks so much for joining us at Twisted Thursday.
    hugs Pat

    ReplyDelete