Wednesday, December 21, 2016

Blessed Beyond Measure Card


Blessings...
It has been a long time that that I have taken part in The Path of Positivity Challenges. This month the theme is Blessings. Thank you Lisa for reminding me that I am truly blessed. My body has betrayed me. I have osteoporosis and 7 other autoimmune disorders. It seems every time I turn around something else is wrong. Lately I have felt very down and discouraged. Then I read the Path of Positivity post. I sat and thought about my blessings. What are my blessings? I realized I had a lot to be thankful for. 

I have life, I can still walk, albeit with a cane, I have my parents still with me, I have a home, I have 3 brothers, 3 nieces and their children, I still can craft and paint. I have heat and running water. I have food to eat and hot tea to drink. I have many crafting friends. I have a good mind. I can go on and on about all that God has given me naturally. The best blessing is being able to serve him and his precious Son. Yes It is a blessing, a very special blessing. 

This little angel makes me think of her saying thank you for all the blessings bestowed. That is why I used her for this card. 


Hello, Today I am using a digi by A Day For Daisies called "Sending a Prayer." You can find it here http://adayfordaisies.com/.

The sentiment is by Decosse's Dynamite Doodles that Lisa created for The Path Of Positivity Challenge. You can find it here http://pathofpositivitychallenge and Lisa's blog here with her store http://decossesdynamitedoodles.blogspot.com/p/blog-page_26.html.

Copics used are E000, E00, E01, E02, R20, R30- skin, E23, E25, e27- hair, RV10, RV21, RV23, RV25, RV29- pinks, B0000, B000, B00, B01- cloud, BV0000, BV000- wings.

Iridescent glitter by Recollections was used on the wings.

Snow Flocking by Recollections was used on the cloud.

The embossing was done using a Stampin Up embossing folder called clouds.

The gems are by Recollections.

The rick rack and ribbon are by Really Reasonable Ribbon. http://www.reasonableribbon.com/

The papers are by Recollections- blue, Georgia Pacific- white.

The card is 5" x 6 1/2".

I am entering my card in:

The Outlawz Monday Greeting Card Challenge- The sky Is The Limit-

A Day For Daisies- Add Sparkle-

The Path of Positivity Challenge #44- Blessings -

Thanks for dropping by. Have a wonderful day! Edwina

4 comments:

  1. So pretty, Edwina! Love your coloring and the sparkly wings on your angel. Thanks for playing with December's Add Some Sparkle Challenge at A Day for Daisies! Hugs, Cathy ADFD DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Edwina, this is so precious and just perfect for the Blessing Challenge over at Path of Positivity! Wonderful to see you here!
    Katrina
    ScrappyHorses.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've done a beautiful job with this sweet image. Great card. Thanks for sharing with us at ADFD.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adore the card, but your write-up impressed me the most. We've missed you as well, Edwina! Life throws us many curves, things we never dreamed about, but it also gives us many blessings. Being able to recognize them is what makes the bad days tolerable.

    ReplyDelete