Saturday, February 11, 2017

Valentine Paper Mache Heart



I decorated both sides of the heart. This is a decoration to hang so it can be viewed on both sides.

Hello, Today I am using 3 digital papers and 2 colored digital images by Create with TLC. You can find them here http://icraftgifts.com/digital-creations-with-tlc.

I bought the paper mache heart from Gone Artsy. I believe you can get them at Joann's too.

I covered the heart with 3 coats of gesso. Once I had let it dry over night I then cut the digital papers with decorative edge scissors called Deckled.

Then using Mod Podge I deco podged the papers onto the heart. I used 2 coats to seal the ink in the papers. 

Then I cut out 2 hearts with a die cut out of white card stock and used the mod podge to adhere them.

I also modge podged the images at the same time. The images got 3 coats on them.Once the images were dry I cut them out. Then I mod podged them onto the hearts and gave the hearts 2 coats to seal the images onto each side covering the whole heart.

I had some lace meant for ribbon to thread through it given to me by Sister in law. I decided to use it and the red with white dots 3/8" satin ribbon by Really Reasonable Ribbon. I measured the lace along the heart and multiplied it by 3. Then I ran the ribbon through it and gathered it to fit each section on the edges of my heart. Once I had them to the length I wanted I hot glued the edges of the ribbon and lace together so they would stay as I wanted them. Then I hot glued this to the heart. 

Next I cut some of the lace and 2 of the ribbons from Really Reasonable ribbons to make a tassel. I wanted my tassel length to be 8". I used the 3/8" heart grosgrain, 3/8" red with white dots Satin. Once I had a tassel made I glued it to the point of the heart on the bottom.

Using Really Reasonable Ribbon's 5/8" red Satin Ribbon I made 2 bows. I hot glued one on each side then added a resin heart to the knot of the bows. http://www.reasonableribbon.com/

I added a love charm to the bow of the one heart.

I added resin hearts and a bow to the design of the heart. I got the resin hearts and bow from Pamela Joy's Art Friends Store. https://www.facebook.com/groups/505007846364184/

The next thing I did was to take apart some flowers. Then I cut into the layer of a red/rose flower so I had a slit where I could put it around the twine handle on each side. I hot glued it into place.
Then I took some 1/2" white flowers and layered them 2 together with glue. Then I place some glue in the center and sprinkled glass glitter on it. Once dry I shook off the excess and hot glued the flowers around the twine. Each side has 3 white flowers around it.

The heart measures 5" x 6". Once my decoration was finished the measurements are 5 3/4" x 14".

First time I have made a heart like this. I believe I will make some more. 

I am entering my paper mache heart in:

Really Reasonable Ribbon Challenge #157 Hearts with Ribbon or Trim-

Thanks for dropping by. Have a Happy Valentine's Day! Edwina



6 comments:

  1. I absolutely love this!! I think it is beautiful!
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia
    Crafting with Creative M


    ReplyDelete
  2. this is stunning!
    loe it!

    hugs, Ŧĭƙĭ
    ≽ܫ≼

    ReplyDelete
  3. Edwina, these are just gorgeous. Perfect Valentine decorations - you are so creative!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a lovely project and a great addition to our challenge. Thanks for joining us at Really Reasonable Ribbon. Hugs from Ginny at Polly's Paper Studio.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Edwina!
    Thanks so much for sharing your art with us. I hope you will join us again soon.
    Blessings,
    Karen L
    Really Reasonable Ribbon

    ReplyDelete