Sunday, April 2, 2017

Collage Paper Mache Easter Basket

Hello, Today I am sharing a collage Easter Basket I made. All the images on the basket and five of the six eggs are by Create with TLC. You can find them here http://icraftgifts.com/digital-creations-with-tlc.
 
There are 7 photos of the basket. I tried to show all the different sides as well as the bottom and top since they have  images on them too.
 





 
Top of basket looking down into it.

 
Bottom of basket.
 
I bought this paper Mache egg basket at Joann's.
 
I covered the inside and outside with 2 coats of Gesso.
 
Then using Golden Brown Acrylic paint- Michaels brand, and Pearl Paint by Martha Stewart, Wedding Gold by Cremecoat. and a sponge I painted the basket inside and out sponging so I blend but keep some of each color.
 
Then I collected my images and cut or tore around them so all the edges were rough except the sentiments and tags. The using Mod Podge. I deco podged the images onto the outside of the basket. There are spaces that paint shows. That is fine as this is a collage.
 
 Then using a paper doily from Target I used the lace edges on the edges of the egg and the handles. Then I inked the doily pieces and overlapping the ink onto the images with Memento Peanut Brittle ink. I used a coat of mod podge to seal the ink.
 
I glued down lace by Prima on the edges of the egg and the handle.  Then  I applied 3 coats of mod podge to the whole basket.
 
Last I added resin flowers and pearls as decorations to the basket.
 
The paper mache eggs came from Joann's. They are about 1 1/4" long. I painted them with Gesso and then once dry with Martha Stewart pearl paints.
 
I glued down lace on 3 eggs, and ric rac on 3 eggs.
 
I deco podged the images onto the eggs.
 
The coral egg I used flowers from Hobby Lobby. These flowers are deco podged too since they are paper. I folded the butterfly image so it looked like it was landing among the flowers on it.
 
 The blue resin flowers were applied to the blue egg last.
 
All eggs were given 3 coats of mod podge to seal them.
 
I am entering my basket in:
 
The Outlawz Twisted Thursday Anything Goes Challenge-
 
Avenue 613 Challenge Anything Spring-
 
Thanks for dropping by. Have a wonderful day!
 
 
 

3 comments:

  1. it is so gorgeous~! You can tell you put a lot of love into the creation of the basket.
    Paulette

    ReplyDelete
  2. Edwinna,that is just stunning!

    ReplyDelete