Sunday, July 23, 2017

Create with TLC Summer Fun Blog Hop 7/23/2017


Today we are having a Simmer Fun Blog Hop at Create with TLC. You can find the blog hop at Create with TLC here http://createwithtlc-createwithtlc.blogspot.com/.

The first stop on the blog hop is at Desire's blog. If you came from there you are on the right track.

I have 3 creations to share with you. An ATC -artist trading card, a card, and a mixed media canvas using "Summer Love At The Beach Vintage Sketch."


ATC

The bakers twine is by Darice.

The starfish charm is by Bead Landing.

The gems are by Bo Bunny.

The papers are by Georgia Pacific- white, Create with TLC digital papers- Hot Summer Days paper 3, and Under The Beautiful Sea paper 4- http://icraftgifts.com/digital-creations-with-tlc.

The ATC is 2 1/2" x 3 1/2".

Card

The doily is by Recollections.

The border was made using a Martha Stewart border punch.

The  papers are by Recollections- teal, Georgia Pacific- white, Create with TLC  digital papers- Hot Summer Days paper 3, At The Seashore paper 3, and Under The Beautiful Sea paper 4- http://icraftgifts.com/digital-creations-with-tlc.

The card is 4 1/4" x 5 1/2".


This is a 7" x 9" Mixed Media Canvas.

I used several layers on my canvas. I stated by adding a layer of modeling paste to form the sand and water. Then realized I need to add my image and more modeling paste to help hide the edges of the image.  Which worked out just find.

I printed the image off 3 times. I then used mod podge on all 3 images. I gave each one 3 coats as I wanted a strong leather like feel that would hold up well for many year. I then out out the one whole image and set it aside. The 2nd one I cut out the girls and the chair and boat and dog. Then I cut out on the 3rd one the girls and dog.  These pieces I cut out I added foam tape to the backs so I could layer them on the original image at the end.

I mod podge the back of the first image and stuck it to the canvas. Then I added more mod podge on top to seal the image down. Once dry I added more modeling paste to hide the edges of the print.  I worked the clouds with my finger blending into the print. I used my  spatula to add it where the sand and water would be. I added real sand where I wanted my sand to be while the paste was wet. Once dry I took my stencil by Folk Art called Swirl Background and added  that design with modeling paste where I wanted water.

Once the modeling paste was dry I then started adding colors. First I used Dylusions  Fresh Lime and Campso Teal ink sprays for the water. Wiped away excess. Then I went over the water with paints using the dry brush technique. Paints used are by Craft Smart called Island blue, Robin's Egg , and Caterpillar. I felt it need a bit more so I watered down Tim Holtz distressed paints lucky clover and mermaid lagoon to give a wash to the water. 

Time to decorate the canvas. I hot glued down gold sea shell lace and then a  croquet doily on the side.. Added pearl rhinestone trim as the waves along the sand. Then added a peal piece cut to form a seagull. 

I used real sea shells and resin sea shells to decorate the canvas. Paints used on the resin seashells and sea horse are Craft Smart- Spanish Olive, Coral Reef, Turquoise, Lavender, Robn's Egg Blue, Apple Barrel Paints- Hunter Green, Caterpillar, Pastel Pink, Cobalt, True Red, Martha Stewart- pearl paint, Tim Holtz- Tea Dye Paint, Creme-coat- Wedding Gold.

I arranged the shells on the doily hot gluing them down. Tiny sea shells were glued to the lace as well.

Now i added the foam taped images in place. To give a 3-D effect to the image.

Here is your FREE digi "Summer Love At The Beach Vintage Sketch" Right click and bring up large and then  save as.


Your next stop on the blog hop is Faith.

Here is the blog hop list in case you get lost along the way.


Thanks for dropping by. Have a wonderful day! Edwina



28 comments:

  1. Super cute card and image Edwina! Always love to be part of blog hops with you and see your creativity!
    Much love, hugs, and friendship
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...love your ATC and the Canvas. Both so pretty. And thank you for the instructions.
    Thank you for being such a creative part of a great team.
    Paulette

    ReplyDelete
  3. Edwina, what lovely cards you made with this cute image! Theay are all great, each in their own way. love the embellishments!

    ReplyDelete
  4. THANK YOU Edwina!! Always a pleasure to see your art!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW you have been busy-love all three projects and thank you for the image
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  6. All of your projects turned out great! Good job.

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow those are just all so much fun!!!! Great makes and very creative!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your ATC's are adorable! The element cluster on your mixed media canvas is fabu and I love the ocean waves you created in the background. I ♥ the freebie!

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW WOW Fabulous creations so bright and Summery, love what you have done Edwina, so happy to be part of the same Team on the Hop.
    Faith
    x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Heavens, you really went all out! I LOVE your ATC, your card is awesome, and really liking your canvas. Great work an fun hop!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love all three of your projects, Edwina! Adorable image. Thanks so much. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderfull atc's you made with this cute image

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow - you have been busy Edwina. Love how different each of these looks.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Edwina, you always go all out when you have a project. Lovely projects and a fun summery image. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Super cute! Thanks for the freebie and the hop - blessings

    ReplyDelete
  16. Cute image and a great card Edwina.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Edwina those ATC cards are just gorgeous. You have some beautiful charms and trims.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love your ATC's, you truly inspires me and thank you for the free image it is absolutely adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lovely work. Thank you for your inspiration on the blog hop and for the lovely freebie.

    ReplyDelete
  20. what an amazing project to share .It is wonderful , LOVE IT ..Thanks for sharing vintage image too

    ReplyDelete
  21. FABULOUS image and ATCs!
    They may be small but they are FILLED with CREATIVITY!
    Thank You for sharing & inspiring, Thank You for the freebie too :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a super cute card this is, Edwina! I'm enjoying the blog hop. Thanks for letting us know at the Outlawz that there was this wonderful hop!
    Hugs!
    Darcy

    ReplyDelete
  23. Your cards are absolutely ADORABLE!! Thank you for sharing your lovely creativity.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Your cards are fabulous, love the shells, twine and charms! Thank you for the lovely image!
    Hugs, Sherry x
    Loose Stitches and Unraveled Threads

    ReplyDelete
  25. Apologies Edwina, I left my comment for these beautiful creations on the wrong post. So once again I just loooove your gorgeous vintage creations, especially the little shells you added to the one. Thank you also for the beautiful vintage image.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {ATG with a CREATE WITH TLC Element}
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete